• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't have a rollover state of an object when the composition trigger is over it

New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me achieve a certain design or help me find any workarounds. The problem arises when I put the trigger of a widget (Lightbox composition) over an object which I want to have a certain rollover state. In this demo I recorded, I have a rectangle with some text in it, and I want it to have a rollover state, but at the same time I want to have a trigger for a Lightbox composition over it. So when I put a trigger over it, then the trigger takes over all of the states. Is there a way to make the trigger totally transparent (I'm not talking about the fill, but being able to click through it) or make the Text rectangle a trigger, instead of having a trigger rectangle going over it? Does that make sense?

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/bHHmN2rrGI4

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Do you mean something like this:

If yes, there are 2 ways to achieve this behaviour. Look at the corresponding .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubh4ed9p12g8ed6/Double_Trigger.muse?dl=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give us the .muse file! It would be much more effective than gazing at the – in my opinion(!) – chaotic video. We can‘t say for sure how many triggers we are dealing with, and which trigger belongs to which widget.

Please upload your .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have close look without trying to follow the nervous mouse pointer of your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean something like this:

If yes, there are 2 ways to achieve this behaviour. Look at the corresponding .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubh4ed9p12g8ed6/Double_Trigger.muse?dl=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's it! Thanks!

Can you explain it to me what you did? It's kind of hard to understand,even with the .muse file.

So, you disabled the triggers on top option for the lightbox composition and added a State Button over it, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the states button in the first example is behind everything in this sequence:

1. the dark yellow rectangle,
  2. the blue rectangle,
  3. the text button,
  4. the composition with all its triggers.

In the second example, the composition trigger itself is coloured dark yellow. Within the trigger you have the blue rectangle and the text box. In this case, you can renounce on the state button completely, if you want to (I didn’t in the sample file). It would be enough, if you place the composition with its 2 triggers, colour one of them dark yellow, and place  the blue rectangle and the text box into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, okay. I get it now! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines