• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't publish muse site.

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When publishing to my ftp site I keep getting the error: Error uploading file boat service shadow.png. Click Resume to try again. If this problem persists, try again later. [Send failure: Connection was aborted]

pb muse.PNG

Please Help .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Indie767  schrieb

Muse publish function is really design for Business Catalyst so the build in FTP may not play nice with third party servers. 

Designed for Businesscatalyst? Why that, please? I published many, many sites to many different hosting services and never(!) had such a problem.

Perhaps the initial poster should try

• to  use the url without „www.“ or
  • perhaps there is a folder on the server, which contains his site data, and which has to be filled into the „Dossier sur server“ field.
  • Sometime

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the file : boat service shadow.png  ?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file it's ouvrir un societe...png it's a photo.

Cordially

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a naming issue? Could you rename the file and create/publish the site again?

What kind of file is it?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-26 um 23.55.33.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a picture in png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you delete this element, publish, place this element back again (newly) into your site/page and publish again?

How did you put this element into your page? Within a rectangle? Did you place it with this same command? Is it part of a slide show?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't win to publish my site

now see what's it's make me

can you give me your mail i send you my access ftp and you see what's uppon it's not normaly i publish lot of website and juste this one i can't.

please help me.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on my avatar you can send a private message to me. I could (later the day) have a look at your ftp folder, using your credentials, if you want me to do so. Please don't publish these credentials in this forum officially.

Please be aware, that my french is very rudimentary. I can easily order "cafe au lait, sil vous plaise", followed by  "Merci" but that's it .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. If you are trying to upload to an addon domain, you may have better luck using a 3rd party FTP that will give you more control. Or your other option is to export your site to a folder, compress the folder, upload it to your server and unzip and move the files accordingly.

Muse publish function is really design for Business Catalyst so the build in FTP may not play nice with third party servers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indie767  schrieb

Designed for Businesscatalyst? Why that, please? I published many, many sites to many different hosting services and never(!) had such a problem.

Perhaps the initial poster should try

• to  use the url without „www.“ or
  • perhaps there is a folder on the server, which contains his site data, and which has to be filled into the „Dossier sur server“ field.
  • Sometimes it may help to have a look at the data, which appear, when clicking onto the question mark next to the URL-field and/or read these informations before: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/uploading-site-third-party-hosting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can publish to my site on my primary domain but not to the addon domain I want. Muse FTP won't recognize and domain folders below Public_HTML level. I'm hoping Adobe will fix this issue in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Muse FTP recognizes subfolders as well. In some cases you get even asked if you want to add a subfolder.

There must be something with the credentials or the host.

Did you try to let Muse create a new subfolder?

It may look different from country to country (this screenshot made from BC publish but there's some smilar in the "publish to ftp" dialogue:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-08 um 08.52.04.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I let Muse create a sub folder but it created it above the Public_HTML folder so it was not recognized as a domain. By looking at your image, Muse FTP apparently only recognizes sub folders in Adobe BC. It seems I need to host my Muse site on Adobe BC, which has been my suspicion all along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be clear, Muse FTP does upload to a third party host. It will upload to the primary domain but not to an add-on domain. An add-on domain is a second website with it's own unique content. Just about every hosting server allows you to have a primary domain and add-on domains. For example, my primary domain can be www.mywebsite.com. I can also have an add-on domain called www.otherwebsite.com on the same server. This website, www.otherwebsite.com, is installed as an add-on domain in my Control Panel under the folder, Public_HTML. Muse FTP doesn't recognize any folders beneath the Public_HTML folder. The workaround is to export the Muse site, compress it in a folder, upload it to the add-on domain folder, unzip and then move the files accordingly. As you can see, this is a very annoying workflow, especially when you want to update a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines