Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resize target Lightbox composition

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to resize different targets from a composition but it's impossible.

I have a Restaurant Menu section for a site I'm building and the different parts of it should have different sizes. But I can resize the smaller ones.

See example bellow (go to "Menu" on the top menu and explore the different triggers)

Home copy

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

If we still talk about the menu, I haven`t seen something like this so far, unfortunately.

This could be added as a feature request, I guess.

The only way I found to be able to have different sizes in height is the accordion. But haven`t found a satisfying way to make this fit to your needs.

That`s the only which pushes down content as fas as I experienced.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the size of the targets is always the same with lightbox compositions / with all compositions.

What you could do is, use 6 different lightbox compositions, each with only one trigger and of course one target.

Then you could adjust each target as desired.

To do this, ALT-CLICK and drag the composition 5 times ( you should have now six identical compositions ), delete, compo by compo what you do not need anymore, so finally you should have 6 different compositions.

Adjust as desired and you should be pretty much done.

I don`t know, though, if this is nice for users, as you could add a "next" and "prev" button to the "one composition approach" and so users/visitiors don`t have to close all the time to get to the next menu. It´s your decision, if you guess, users forgive empty space at the bottom or if you add some elements to the "smaller" compos, in order to have all sizes and fittings the same.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fotoroeder,

Thanks for your answer. I thought about using different lightbox compositions, but as you said, I don't want to loose the "next" and "Prev" buttons.

Does anybody have another workaround that's more user friendly?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me also shed some light on the next and prev buttons. On my 1900 screen the buttons are almost invisible:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-26 um 23.43.57.png

I am quite sure, that there´s no way to do it with a light box approach, to have different target sizes (menu sizes in your case).

As I really like the overall design of your site, maybe you have to think of another approach to get this menu "interesting" to look at.

Maybe, and I cannot believe to say this, you need a 3rd party widget to do this.

Maybe you´ll have a look at this. One disadvantage might be, that from the beginning you always see one menu or maybe something else?   Adobe Creative Cloud

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the "Next" and "Prev" buttons, I haven't put them in the right place yet. I will do it once I decide if this lightbox menu is the way to go.

I've been looking for a third party widget but I couldn't find one that does different target sizes for a lightbox. Can you recommend any?

I see you've done a tabbed pannel in your example. Actually, my first choice was a Stacked Composition (See: Home) that is similar to what you've done. But with this option I end up with a blanc space bellow the shorter categories (since I can't change the target sizes).

Is there any way to do something like this in Muse? (See Menu)

Pitch Cardiff – book now on 029 2022 8882!

Home - Duke's Brew & Que

I mean different sizes for the targets and the content bellow adapts to the changes. Does it make any sense?

Thank you very much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If we still talk about the menu, I haven`t seen something like this so far, unfortunately.

This could be added as a feature request, I guess.

The only way I found to be able to have different sizes in height is the accordion. But haven`t found a satisfying way to make this fit to your needs.

That`s the only which pushes down content as fas as I experienced.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines