• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select Container in a slideshow

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to embed a video into a slideshow based on this document.

Embed videos and other HTML content in Adobe Muse

The issue I am having is exactly the issue it lists in the article, I cannot seem to select the container to insert my HTML so when I preview the site, the video is always on top of the slideshow instead of being only on the one slide I need.

Any idea how I can select he container for a specific slide in a slide show?

"pasting code inside a target container can be a bit tricky because the goal is to paste the code INSIDE the target container of the widget. It is possible (depending on the element that you've currently selected) to paste the video code outside the widget, so that it is embedded directly on the page"

Thanks

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Can’t see any problems with this.

But first of all, you can’t place a video inside a slide show. If you want something like this, you have to configure a composition widget like a slide show.

Now you can paste whatever you like (a widget, an image, text, a HTML embed, …) into a target of your composition.

If you configure the composition as „Autoplay“ all works just like a slide show.

Have a look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t see any problems with this.

But first of all, you can’t place a video inside a slide show. If you want something like this, you have to configure a composition widget like a slide show.

Now you can paste whatever you like (a widget, an image, text, a HTML embed, …) into a target of your composition.

If you configure the composition as „Autoplay“ all works just like a slide show.

Have a look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh.. ok..

So what is the difference between a slideshow and a composition?

Thanks for your help.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A slideshow is, well, a slideshow. It is created for presenting images and nothing else.

A composition is a way to present all sorts of content: Images, videos, text, other widgets or any combination of them. The composition triggers may contain any content too. A slideshow has predefined thumbnails as triggers, which can‘t be changed or modified.

Compositions are much more flexible, but require more work — as always, when more creative options are involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines