• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't work! "Error loading bitmap data for BitmapObject" Please help!

Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a page for a several weeks without any problems. But today when I opened Muse, and had to work on one side, Muse closed down with this error:

error loading bitmap data for BitmapObject

I have tried about 10 times to close and open Muse but I can't work , this same error every thime??

I also restarted my laptop and opened Muse again, - and still the same error?

Could you PLEASE help me as soon as possible??

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 9.28.34 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you work with a 3rd party widget?

Which one? Did you ask the inventor?

What kind of bitmap do you use? Could you delete it and try to work with your file again?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only used jpg files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does this Bitmap come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make clear: are you able to open the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can open the file, but when open a page of the file, Muse crash. And I have been going through all my files in "asset", and I can't see any bitmap? Almost every file is jpg and some few png files. So what can it be? I have been working with this file for several weeks without problem. But I been working with the latest update with Muse from 30 August, and I didn't have any problem with the latest update. But I have heard several have had problems with he latest update. Could it be latest update problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be possible. I hope you have a version/copy of your file from previous muse versions?

Them try to open and work with this file in the previous version of muse.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do that!  It is 10 days of work.

But I did this now:  I opened the file again, and gave it a new name. And it seems to work now.

So I don't know what was wrong??

But would you recommend to work  previous muse versions??

I have been working with 4 Muse files with the new version without problem!! And one of the file is all done with the new version. Everything has worked perfect!!  So I can't go back to previous muse versions as I have been working since 31 August with the new version, because it would be 10 days of work from now, - so that is a lot of work, - you see?

It would help me a lot if I could save my job in an earlier version, and then install the earlier version and work from there, ..... - But I can't see I can do that in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky, if it has been only renaming  to solve the issue. Strange though.

Are you able to upload to BC?

I did now as well 3 sites with the latest release and also had no issues (all sites begun in previous versions of muse).

If several issues occur I would recommend to use prev versions but if everything works out fine, why not use it?

Back and forth does not work in muse, so I suggest to stay where your progress lead you so far.

It is good practice anyway to always keep an old version of your file and save latest version with different name, just in case.

I also recommend to try to work page by page with extra sites and copy as soon as everything works fine in the extra file.

Try to publish often to BC in order to detect issues as early as possible.

I invite Sanjit_Das​ to this if there are any known bugs with Bitmap.

He might ask for a .muse – let´s wait and see.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe.

Yes I have publish to BC, and everything works now!

I always have done an old version of my files and save latest version with different name.

I saw another who has this problem in 2016 : error loading bitmap data for BitmapObject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been more lucky, I guess. Where did you get the idea of renaming?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you are encountering this issue. Can you please share your muse file?

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amitcs06​

Of course I can send you the file.

But Adobe said this:

" If this is necessary and you are asked for providing the .muse file, please do the following:

• Create a new site with only one page and only a few elements, which demonstrate your issue, or
  • Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time; Nobody wants to crawl through 34 Muse pages to find an issue in the footer of page 32"

But when I don't know which of the pages who are issuing this problem, - how can I then only send you one page of tis file?? The file I worked with has 22 pages.

But I think it is very strange, because I opened the file with the issue today (which I have this problem yesterday) , -  and today there is no problem?? Muse don't come with this error, - And I have done nothing?? But as I wrote yesterday I renamed the file and could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the problem did disappear, because you restarted Muse and your computer this morning …

But anyway: I’d suggest, to perform a „Save As …“ and choose a new filename again.

Then, work with this new file, but keep the actual one as a backup.

Be sure to backup your working file frequently.

If your site isn’t really large, I’d consider to

• Create a new .muse file with the same page structure.
  • Then copy one element of each page onto the corresponding page of your new document, using the menu command „Paste and create Breakpoints“. Thus all existing breakpoints of a page are transferred to the new page. You may delete the copied element after that.
  • Afterwards „Paste in Place" all elements into the correct place of the new document.
  • This sounds like work, but will hopefully re-build a correct element structure.

By the way: I f you have a corrupted .muse file, it of course won’t help to delete pages and/or elements, as described in the linked document. In this case you should transmit the complete file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read all the post, I said that yesterday  I had restarted Muse. And that doesn't help. The error came every time I opened a page of the file, and then came this error, and Muse crashed.

But I open this file again, and gave it a new name, then closed Muse and open again, and this new file worked perfect.

And I did NOT restarted my computer this morning. And the old file worked!!

I am not a new beginner with Muse, - I have worked with Muse for about 6 years now. So I know a little bit of this program. But I never have had this error "error loading bitmap data for BitmapObject"

I have been working with the file I renamed, for 2 hours now, and have published several times. Have had no problem?

So I wonder what this error "error loading bitmap data for BitmapObject" is?? And the file has no bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to just take the whole file in this case as Günter Heißenbüttel​ also suggested.

In your case it makes really no sense to send only parts of your .muse, obviously.

If you publish on BC, maybe they could also have a look at the source code of your site and see what happened/happens.

I guess, amitcs06​ can handle it.

Don`t feel offended and go for it .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I unfortunately forgot, that you wrote about restarting Muse/your machine.

The term "bitmap" is very often used generally instead of "pixel image" (what is not really correct). If it is meant this way, your statement "there are no bitmaps" leads into the wrong direction, because you have placed .jpg images.

In this case it could be worth to open and re-save your images and have a look what happens.

Maybe I am totally wrong, but perhaps somebody of the team chimes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue may be because of some image data is not proper and muse is not able parse that data. But until I get the muse file its all guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines