• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can website automatically zoom or scale on user's browser? (Muse)

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make our websites zoom out on the user's browser depending on the size of the monitor?  We have a large hero image and links to the lower parts of the page all pinned to the top.  On some laptops, the lower links will not show at the normal size (but are fine if you zoom out). !  Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Do you mean it?

fb3d83945d.png

No, it is not possible to do as you want. And moreover, your sites are not very user friendly. I would recommend that you turn off the pinning and consider other technical solutions. For example, use a standard slideshow or composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a link? And some screenshots, so we can have closer look?

Let me add that responsive design is made to avoid wrong scalings from elements.

Let me also add, that lower elements, pinned to the top (really? Why?) normally is not necessary.

Do you use fluid width breakpoints or fixed width breakpoint?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

"Let me add that responsive design is made to avoid wrong scalings from elements."  I agree.  Unfortunately (or, perhaps, fortunately), this is not my full time job.  I just want nice looking and working sites for my companies.

Here are two links.  Hahn Quarry (architectural & landscape dolomitic limestone) | Hahn Quarry (dolomitic limestone for b...

Timp Landscaping, Inc. (design / build / maintain) | Timp Landscaping, Inc. (design / build / mainta... http://timplandscaping.com/#landscapedesign

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean it?

fb3d83945d.png

No, it is not possible to do as you want. And moreover, your sites are not very user friendly. I would recommend that you turn off the pinning and consider other technical solutions. For example, use a standard slideshow or composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.  Could you expand on the "not very user friendly"?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

flowers&stones  написал(а)

Thanks for the input.  Could you expand on the "not very user friendly"?  Thanks.

The finger hurts to scroll up - it's very uncomfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines