• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you design a custom blog using muse?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to design my own website and upload it to my server but I was curious if Muse has a way for me to design a custom blog site as well and upload it into wordpress. Let me know!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

CMS features, including blogging, will not be part of the Muse 1.0 release. We intend to add CMS features to Muse in the future, that will work with Adobe's Business Catalyst platform. BC already has CMS features (see http://www.businesscatalyst.com/product-tour/overview for more info), but Muse isn't yet able to take advantage of them natively.

In the meantime, others have had success embedding blogs into their Muse sites. Take a look at the Jam Session Dani hosted for more info on this:

Embeddin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse will not work with WordPress. Adobe developers have indicated that it is in Adobe's business interests to only offer blog services via Adobe's own Business Catalyst hosting.

You can use Muse to design a single web page and then manually carve up the HTML to use in WordPress templates. But if you are experienced enough to be able to do that, you would not be using Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow..We used the small version of adobe, was not conscious of the latest version, Let me check it.

Thanks for the idea and effort. http://www.theosoft.in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMS features, including blogging, will not be part of the Muse 1.0 release. We intend to add CMS features to Muse in the future, that will work with Adobe's Business Catalyst platform. BC already has CMS features (see http://www.businesscatalyst.com/product-tour/overview for more info), but Muse isn't yet able to take advantage of them natively.

In the meantime, others have had success embedding blogs into their Muse sites. Take a look at the Jam Session Dani hosted for more info on this:

Embedding and Styling Blogs / Recorded Wednesday, February 22 (2nd from the bottom)

http://www.adobekb.com/events.html

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've also embedded a Wordpress blog into my muse built site. granted i still need to figure out how to get it to play nice with mobile safari but otherwise it works well with desktop browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm trying to upload my Adobe Muse .xml file (just a landing page) onto GoDaddy/ Wordpress Page HTML... I contacted GoDaddy and they told me to go through the FTP file manager that they provide and rename the file as index.html and then create a sub-category folder called 'images' and upload all of the images that are on the landing page that I had creatd... When I go to my website... it shows a blank page and none of the images are being uploaded.  I can't figure out how to do this and none of the blog posts readings are helping... *note I also don't know code...

Along with this problem, I want to add my Wordpress.org blog into my Adobe Muse created Landing Page, but I can't figure out how to do that either... if you could help me out with these problems that would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you embed your wordpress blog into muse? I've been trying to figure out how to embed (preferrably) a WP or even a Tumblr to muse, and am missing something... Any guidance would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey rvonzimmer,

Could PLEASE explain how to embed Wordpress into Muse?

How is it working for you now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to embed a Blogger site easily into Muse, using the EmbedHTML code as noted by Dani when embedding a Tumblr blog.

An example:  <iframe src="http://YOURBLOGHERE.com" width="960" height="3000" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="yes" style="border:0px; background: #505050;"></iframe>

I used 3000 for my frame height because that fit what I needed. I was not pleased when I got the blog header (login/search/etc) also on my Muse page - then went back into Blogger and customized the format, layout, etc so the page ONLY displayed what I wanted.

Seems to look quite nice - so far. 🙂

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tutorial is no longer available on the page referenced and I am unable to find it archived anywhere.

Is it possible you could post a direct link or is that session gone for good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. The session link has been replaced. It is currently the 7th item in the Past Event Recordings list: Muse Jam Session: Embedding and Styling Blogs, February 22

Unfortunately I can't provide you with a direct link because links to the Connect sessions change dynamically.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link takes you directly to the Muse Jam Session for embeding blogs.

https://my.adobeconnect.com/_a295153/p1lg3xn36x8/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I watched the jam session (some of it), I decided to mess with the code using the same web fonts available now with muse. I know nothing about coding. But I know fonts and names so I replaced the name of the font within the html of the tumbler theme, with the font to match my site. This may help if you are using the iframe code posted in the session. They may have mentioned styling the fonts this way, I stopped watching when they began digging in the code. After changing this myself, I am going to watch the full session now for other style change ideas within the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I embedded a tumblr blog into my Muse site according to the jam session, and it works nicely. BUT when I click on an image, tumblr displays the hero image centered (i.e. waay below on my site) on darkened background, which looks as if everything has turned black and the image has disappeared. Is there a way to turn tumblr's lightbox feature off?
Here is a link
http://www.ingridlill.de/blog.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution: Put a photo inside a text post instead of using a photo post - then the photo stays where it is when clicked on.
Now I have to figure out how to make the photos bigger, and adjust the typeface...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also thinking about to integrate a content area which could be updated by the customer. I was thinking about something like a "blog-element". After a long search and realising once again that I'm still not the code-guy at all, which lead me to muse eventually , I didn't find an easier solution than the iFrame Builder Lite (iFrame Builder Lite | Exchange | Adobe Muse CC) - maybe this could be also helpful to you.

You can easily embed any site/post you want into adobe muse within a second. That worked for me ; ) So the idea is to set up a wordpress blog where the customer can generate content in a single post - and then it will be simply integrated into muse through the iframe builder by just using the url of that single-post. Everytime my customer updates this one post the content will also change in muse.

Does this makes sense to anybody?! Would be awesome if this is what you are looking for!
Cheers, Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I was also looking for the best solution and I used iFrame Builder Lite like Robin and Remy, but I have ran into a problem considering the page height and the footer. Please look at the BLOG

If I define a large value for the height it pushes the footer all the way down, but if I put a smaller value than the content of the blog is not displayed totally.

Any suggestion on how I could fix this?

Thanks.

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Thx

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey marko,

did you use the iframe builder pro or the lite version. The pro version is very cheap and has many more options ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mokka,

I used the lite version, was not aware of the pro version, I will check it out

Thanks for the suggestion.

Generally I am satisfied with the Blogger, but only thing that bothers me is that it does not want to "push" the content of the page together with the footer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you apply the iframe developer pro or the lite edition? It is very inexpensive and has a lot of features..http://www.theosoft.in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey marko,

did you use the iframe builder pro or the lite version. The pro version is very cheap and has many more options ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth, don't want to offend you but you answer on a thread from 2012 and some answers from 2014.

Muse is under EOL and shoulkd of course not really be used for blogs, although with 3rd party widgets it was kind of possible.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spam post was removed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines