Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete text

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have managed to put some text on my front page that I cannot delete. I have tried everything that I can think of. I can create a text block over it and add text; but, the original text still remains. It was one of the first things that I did when starting to use Muse. I am so appreciative to all you experts out on the web that are helping newbies like me.

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017
  • Could it be, that this text element is placed on your master page and you try to edit/select it on a layout page?
  • Could it be, that the text element is locked? If yes, unlock it by using the corresponding menu entry.
  • Could it be, that the text element is placed on a locked layer? Check it in the "Layers" panel.
  • Could it be, that a (transparent, invisible) element is placed over the text elements, which prevents you from being able to select it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Could it be, that this text element is placed on your master page and you try to edit/select it on a layout page?
  • Could it be, that the text element is locked? If yes, unlock it by using the corresponding menu entry.
  • Could it be, that the text element is placed on a locked layer? Check it in the "Layers" panel.
  • Could it be, that a (transparent, invisible) element is placed over the text elements, which prevents you from being able to select it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (superscript) text behind text and I cannot delete it, nor move it.

None of the things Günter told are causing it.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably an issue, which is simple to fix. Could you share the .muse file – or a simplyfied version of it – with us, so we can have a closer look?

(Just upload the .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar filesharing service and post the download link here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines