• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot have different text colors per state in manual menu

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the automatic menu widget, I can select colors for the text, e.g. black for normal and red for active. When I tried the same for a manual widget, it does not show the states when I select the text in the menu item. I can only change the fill, which is not what I want. Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

I found out how to work. First I tried clicking all the way into the text field, but then I couldn't select color, but when I stopped the clicking just before, and then selected the text tool (T), then the states were displayed, and I could set the colors. Works differently from the automatic menu, which confused me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are in the wrong layer would be my guess mate... the top left should say "label" then goto the "text" panel and change your colour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! So helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be tricky, as we have to click only once for menu, menu-items, we have to double click into the text-field:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-06 um 01.12.30.png

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to work. First I tried clicking all the way into the text field, but then I couldn't select color, but when I stopped the clicking just before, and then selected the text tool (T), then the states were displayed, and I could set the colors. Works differently from the automatic menu, which confused me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nilhadp  wrote

Works differently from the automatic menu, which confused me.

it works the same way no matter what setting you pick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to ussnorway, yes its right, works the same way.

I guess you are confused because you cannot the select the menu text to edit in the automatic menu, as they are set b default as per the page name.

However you can always select the box and make states panel active, a nonstop 4 clicks shall also do the same.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not what confused me. There is actually a subtle difference between automatic and manual menu widgets.

If I click all the way to the text in the menu without using the text (T) tool, the automatic menu allows me to access the states so I can for instance change text color, but the manual menu does not.

If I stop the clicking just outside the text, and then select the text tool, both menu types work the same way and allow working with states.

I was accustomed to work with automatic menus according to the first method, and couldn't understand why I couldn't access the states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines