• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot place from libraries

Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am in muse and I cannot place anything from my libraries if I drag anything into muse its just a 'stop sign' nothing will place. I have tried restarting muse and my PC, and now I am out of ideas?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking about CC libraries? And what is anything? If I drag "anything" from my CC-Libraries it gets a +sign immediatly by clicking and dragging.

Could you provide a screenshot from your issue? Also I am pretty sure that Guenther sees this thread, too so solution should be on its way pretty soon.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi well by anything I mean any assest in my cc libraries, now what format they take in the cc library I am not sure, but JPGs, Vectors all sorts were dragged into the library, assuming tyhey come out the same way, these are not working.

When I drag it from there to muse I dont get a plus I get a barred Icon. 

Not sure what else to say really. I'll try rebooting the PC again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, but without knowing because I never experienced this issue, you are nor connected properly to the CC? I must admit, not to have any clue. Hope somebody chimes in here for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please attach one of these offended assets here, so that we can test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a licensed Adobe Stock asset or something you created?

If the latter, in which Adobe app did you create the asset?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/creative-cloud-libraries.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is just so frustrating. I know this is discontinued but what options out there exist now for non programmers?

I cannot place, adobe does not want to know.

I totally reinstalled windows the other day, brand new install to a clean hardrive and installed CC.

95% of things in my CC libraries can not be dragged into muse, they either show a blocked sign or they show the Plus sigtn but when I let go of the mouse nothing happens. An utter PIA to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already told: Give us one(!) asset, which can’t be placed from CC Libraries into a Muse document.

Of course many assets stored in a library, can only be placed in applications, which support the file format. So many files can’t be added, because they aren’t accepted by browsers and websites in general – for example CMYK documents, tif images, PDF documents, EPS files, doc files, xls files, and, and and.

It doesn’t help at all to fix your issue, be repeating "I cannot place!" So tell us: What kind of document do you want to place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding your question, I thought the whole point of CC libraries panel was so that users could seamlessly use content accross applications?

Furthermore this has until recently never been an issue. 

What I am trying to place varies but in general they are assets created in Illustrator, dragged into CC libraries with my full expectation I can then drag them from there into muse. It used to work flawlessley. 

Is it your contention I should not be able to drag assets from CC libraries into muse? Why would they have the panel if this is the case?

THe work around of course it to export assets from illustrator to the desktop and place them in, so its hardley the end of the world, but frustrating I cannot use the facilities adobe has provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please attach one file, which can’t be handled by CC Libraries and Muse. So we can have a look.

Otherwise we will smalltalk for days and day without any result.

Concerning files: You can place some kind of files in Indesign and Illustrator, but it makes no sense to place them into Muse, because the Internet doesn’t support these file types! The same is true the other way round: You can’t place a Muse widget into Photoshop, because these (kinds of) elements aren’t supported in Photoshop. Photoshop can’t, for example, handle menus or compositions, because this is no an image content.

So, please attach a file, which you can’t place from your CC library into Muse. Then we can continiue discussing this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send a library asset though? Are we talking about the same thing here.

I am on about the CC libraries panel available from the window menu in any adobe app. In my experience anything within this panel can be placed in any adobe application with cc libraries, including up to recently with muse.

I cannot simple attach an asset, its in the libaries panel, my understanding is when placed its SVG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ther are many way to do so. One is this one:

1. Right click onto the asset in your CC Library,
  2. Choose "Edit …"
  3. The asset opens in the source application.
  4. Save it.
  5. Done

By the way: Which source applications are shown  to the right of the asset’s entry in your library? SVG, JPG, …, …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones I can place appear PNG or JPG

This is 100% a bug. I have loads of muse websites where I have placed assets from the cc libraries panel that was created in illustrator. Furthermore I can briefly see the thing I am dragging in outlined then it just dissapears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No further comments, if you are not willing to follow my request.

Which file types you can’t place?

Give us an example of such a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explictily explain how I present you with a file from my cc libraries?

They are in my cc libraries, they dont exist anywhere else. I could place one in a file and save it as PDF but thats not telling you anything is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the "CC Libraries" panel.
  2. Look for an asset, which can’t be placed. (Not a working one.)
  3. Tell us, which file format it has (you see this to the right of the panel entry.)
  4. Rightclick onto the entry.
  5. Choose "Edit" –> The source application opens and shows the original asset.
  6. Save it from the source application without changing the file format.
  7. Upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service
  8. Post the download link here.

Screen_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am back! Creating a new website today I cannot place anything from CC libraries

The file type is Ai, as it was created in illustrator

According to the internet files from AI can be placed from cc libraries, they are converted to SVG when placed.

However it does not work for me at all.

I have for giggles created a box in illustrator and followed your instructions above

Here is said file:

https://we.tl/t-TNWV346aZC

That file cannot be placed in Muse from CC libraries. it will not placed it does not give a warning or anything. I drag it onto my website and it thinks briefly then nothing. For me at least the SVG conversion is not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem at all to place your sample file from Illustrator into the CC Libraries and from the CC Libraries into Muse:

Besides that: Your Illustrator file is a CMYK file and Muse (like the Internet) doesn’t use this color space. But anyway: Since Muse converts the colors to RGB, it is no deofficulty to place your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well there we are then its just a problem for me on two PC platforms. I suppose I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really helpful.

What exactly is your issue? Please describe!

What element are we dealing with?

What are you doing?

Which library are you takling sbout (Muse has 3 different libraries)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines