• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant get menu to be responsive

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, recently started working with muse and im making a scrolling website.

As you can see here the site contains an .oam animation file and a menu at the bottom.

The menu is made with the standard muse menu widget. My problem however is that i cant get it be responsive in the same manner as the .oam file.

When you resize the website the animation will shrink both in width and height but will always be visible in its entirety, but the menu somehow stays the same size

The animation is set to match browser width and i've tried that and all the other options on the menu. But it just wont shrink.

Because of this the menu will only be partially visible on lower resolution screens and if the browser doesn't have a certain height it will not be visible at all.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thx in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello stijnv,

On which browser are you testing your site?

I have checked on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, however, it works fine and shrinks well in all these browsers.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn`t shrink on Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I have checked in Safari also and it works file.

Can you have a look into any other system?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 2.25.15 AM.png

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ , where do you see the menu at the bottom in your screenshot?

Do I miss something?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text dark blue and orange text you see in the TV box is the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought, this is the menu?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 23.29.16.png

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see it now after de-magnifying the site.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But good proof, that it is not responsive.

stijnv18749568​, you could try to group your menu as well with the animation.

So that when the animation moves up, the menu should follow.

Do not have a clue, if a menu could get grouped as well, but why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried but a menu and the animation cant be grouped together . they can be grouped to other items just not to each other sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this exactly haha, on some resolutions the menu isn't even visible someone suggesting grouping the menu to the animation so im gonna try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I start with the menu widget out of the box and set it to responsive in width it works.

I think, we would need a .muse to look at, maybe - but first try this as well – …

I guess, you filled the menu buttons with icons and set the menu buttons to always have the same distance.

With this settings you couldn`t make it responsive. This is not an option then. Change this to have the uniform size.

It should work then.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-13 um 23.20.02.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i filled the standard menu with .png files of the icons. It is set on uniform size, and I've tried all the different responsive options but none seem to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could place a placeholder – empty below/under the animation and group this empty rectangle with the menu.

The placeholder should have the same dimensions than the animation, I guess.

Does this work?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

couldn't get a place holder to work, however i now made a couple of different breakpoints that seem to do the trick. When the browser reaches a certain width the menu should jump up.

however i sometimes see that the animation starts playing at lower resolutions which shouldn't happen. And i have no idea why haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we found an answer.

Did you try a blank placeholder under the animation? You could blend out the animation, create a placeholder, group it with the menu,

blend in the animation. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use your master for the menu and create a blank place holder there and group those – your animation is as single element on your page, related to this master, this should work (I did it, too recently).

To place it correctly, you could first give your placeholder a colourfill and once, everything fits, you replace the colorfill with "none".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried it and it also seems to do the trick. Thx man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines