• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centre column is too narrow - too much browser space on sides

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm putting together a Muse website coming from a graphic design background (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) with some knowledge of web design.

The problem I'm having is that the centre column (content area in Muse) is too narrow relative to the width of the browser showing the page (too much browser space on either side)

Pic 2.png

In the picture above, the light blue box is showing the total width of the content area in Muse. You can see the sides are in line with the green box (logo) and menu items' end. Is there a way of making this column wider/take up a higher percentage of the total width of the page while still keeping it in view in Muse's content area?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Sure. Go to muse

click [File] > [Site Properties]

Go to Layout tab,

Then change the Max Page Width:

Note: keep in mind that most browser out there are less or qual to 1366px so its safe to keep your page (content area) below 1366px( Unless you are building the site in responsive mode ) usually I do in 1170px.

Hope this helps.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Go to muse

click [File] > [Site Properties]

Go to Layout tab,

Then change the Max Page Width:

Note: keep in mind that most browser out there are less or qual to 1366px so its safe to keep your page (content area) below 1366px( Unless you are building the site in responsive mode ) usually I do in 1170px.

Hope this helps.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate, that definitely helped 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines