Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Certificate' error when accessing my Muse website in Microsoft Edge

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have published my first website into GoDaddy.com. When I try and access this page in Microsoft Edge browser (www.rovjok.com), I get the following error. It seems as if it automatically directs to the https:// page - and then I assume I'm getting this error because I've not purchased a separate SSL certificate?

Is there anyway to prevent this behaviour from an Adobe Muse Site?

I have tried finding stuff on redirecting etc using a .htaccess file. I've tried a few things in this file but none seem to have worked unfortunately - most of the stuff online on htaccess files describes how to go from http to https - not the other way around. Can anyone please help?

Very frustrating!

Many thanks,

Tim

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to trick you or steal any information that you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page

Details     

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.  

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA

Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my MBP , Yosemite, Safari, Chrome, Firefox I do not get this error.

Did you place any weird 3rd party widgets?

Did you ask GoDaddy about this? As far as I experienced so far, muse doesn`t export at all anything to corrupt computers.

It might of course be your machine and its antivirus app, but of course, this could be the case with your clients machines as well.

On Mac we feel safe, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

this error has nothing to do with Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. So any suggestion on how to prevent the security warning?

I am new to this (it's my first website) so apologies about my  a niavity - my understanding was that if I made a  page in Muse and then published this, then people would be able to view it without a security warning.

(I've not signed any security certificate so not exactly sure what this means, or how to resolve it. Do I have to purchase a security certificate separately - even if the page has no purchasing widgets, etc that require security?)

Many thanks, appreciate any help you can provide - it's driving me crazy trying to resolve this!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact GoDaddy.com

Screenshot (1116).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay cheers.

So you're saying that I can't make my Muse page display properly on the standard Windows 10 browser (I.e. without the big security warning) without paying for an SSL ccertificate outside of Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying the certificate you have on that https redirrect is self signed and looks as trustful as a $7 note... this has nothing to do with Windows 10 or Muse and I don't see why you even want a https redirrect but thats none of my business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want HTTPS redirect necessarily . Sorry if it wasn't clear, but what I want is for someone to go to my website on Microsoft Edge and be able to access the site. And not get a security warning! As per my original question.

I'm not blaming Muse or Edge, I just want someone to present solution to the above.

Can you suggest another way to achieve this? Without having to buy an SSL security certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timr82362011  wrote

Can you suggest another way to achieve this? Without having to buy an SSL security certificate?

host with someone else or talk to godady and ask them to fix it.

p.s, I just fired up my ryzen-game system and this is what I get here in Australia so perhaps godady already fixed it?

Screenshot (29).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get a free certificate here https://letsencrypt.org/ . However, it will not be self-signed, but will be existing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines