Highlighted

Change Tab Name for hyperlink when it opens in a new window.

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Muse page that has several hyperlinks on this page.  Each hyperlink opens in a new tab.  How do I change the tab name of the hyperlinks tabs that open.

For Example  Muse page is called   -  Cookies  - This tab is fine

on the Cookies page is a hyperlink that says snicker doodles.  When you click on snicker doodles it opens in a new tab in the browser  How do I change the tab name that opens when they select the hyperlink text.  -Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change Tab Name for hyperlink when it opens in a new window.

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Muse page that has several hyperlinks on this page.  Each hyperlink opens in a new tab.  How do I change the tab name of the hyperlinks tabs that open.

For Example  Muse page is called   -  Cookies  - This tab is fine

on the Cookies page is a hyperlink that says snicker doodles.  When you click on snicker doodles it opens in a new tab in the browser  How do I change the tab name that opens when they select the hyperlink text.  -Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t, if the site isn’t your site.

If the linked site is yours, go to the „Page Properties/Options“ of the page in question and rename the „Page Title“ according to you wishes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a hyperlink is on an existing page and the new tab is a pdf there is no page properties that I can find to rename. I dont want to rename the page that contains the hyperlink text. I want to rename the new tab that opens the pdf?-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, you have to rename the PDF accordingly. There is no other way.

A browser tab uses either the page name/title, or – if you you are not dealing with an HTML page but with files – it uses the file name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2018 0