Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change text attributes on rollover in muse

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am building a website with muse and i need to change text attributes when i rollover on said text.

however when i try to do this with the states panel it says "Text ranges cannot be edited or formatted per state"

For example, i want to change the text color to red when i hover over a menu item in my nav bar.

or change the text color when i hover over the title of the tabbed panels widget.

thanks in advance

- Connor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

I am going to answer my own question, hope it helps someone.

To change text attributes such as size, color, weight, or even font family, On rollover, mousedown, active etc:

I thought that i should click until i could edit the text (the normal way to edit fonts etc)

but to edit this per state, just select what you want to change (click on the box, don't click until the type tool comes up) then click on the "states" tab, choose the state you want to edit (rollover, active, normal, etc) then click on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to answer my own question, hope it helps someone.

To change text attributes such as size, color, weight, or even font family, On rollover, mousedown, active etc:

I thought that i should click until i could edit the text (the normal way to edit fonts etc)

but to edit this per state, just select what you want to change (click on the box, don't click until the type tool comes up) then click on the "states" tab, choose the state you want to edit (rollover, active, normal, etc) then click on the "Text" attribute box (the menu that at the top right in Muse cc 2014) and then change the color, weight, etc.

this will change it for that state!

sorry if that was confusing. but i figured id answer my questions for myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks a lot, sometimes Muse is way too confusing for simple things lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that.

do you know if it is possible to have two lines of text in different colours? i have tried with no luck so far. i want it to be transparent then upon mouseover, have one line orange and one line grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just choose color NONE for the state you want to be transparent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. That was driving me crazy. Not well spelled out by Adobe or Lynda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you, thank you , thank you, Toggle!

I'd just spent two hours trying to find the "text frame" to change the text color for a normal state. Now I understand. I just have to select the "Label" (in my case, on an accordion dropdown) and then go to the "Text" window and just change it.

I guess that, for text that is not in a "Label", one can find the "text frame" and change states the normal way.

Thanks again!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU sir... are my hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but how do you change or edit the actual text copy? I see how this changes font, size, color etc. but not the actual verbage! That is what I need to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of object are you talking about?

The simplest way to have different text in different states: Use The "State Button" widget. It triggers the states of all elements placed within it at one time.

– Place 2 textboxes within a state button.

– In "Normal State" make one of them invisible by setting its "Opacity" to "0".

– In "Rollover State" make it visible again and set the other textbox to "Opacity=0".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about text in a rollover state.

Hello

I am trying to edit/change the copy in the rollover state of the example below from "Stay on the Corner" to "SYNC Performance". I see how I can change the color font and size etc. but I cannot seem to select the actual text by double clicking etc. I am sure I am missing something easy!

Thanks!

test

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 1.57.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a simple text object, this is the trigger of a composition. In this case you can't simply change the text content in the different states.

But there is a way similar to the way I described in my last posting:

Place two text elements within the trigger, and make one of them invisible in normal state but visible in all other states and the other visible in normal state but invisible in all other states. You can make objects visible/invisible by switching opacity to "100" or "0" %.

Here you find a quick and dirty Muse file to demonstrate, what I mean:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7046655/different_text_in_trigger.muse

For better understanding I didn’t place the 2 text boxes congruently one over the other. If you place them exactly one over the other, you have the effect you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the link you included is not working.

Just to be clear I would like to keep the same text/copy in all the states, I just want to understand how to change the text/copy to say something else. I can see how to change the text attributes (Font, color, size etc.) but I just cannot seem to edit the actual text or select it in any of the various states to change the wording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear as well:

• Of course the link I provided above works! There is no machine I tested, where the download fails! Perhaps you expected a homepage opening in a browser, but it is a native Muse file, which can be opened in Muse. Especially for you: Here you find a zipped version of the Muse file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7046655/different_text_in_trigger.zip

• My solution provides exactly, what you are looking for. You only have to accept, that the way to achieve this, is a little bit different from way you expected. But that is life! Often a different way leads to the destination! You only have to find and accept it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you- this one has a .zip extension so I was able to DL it- I will take a look at it and see if I can make it work for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David- Here is a link to the muse files for the problem. As you can see when you do the mousedown or rollover the text cannot be selected (or I cannot see how!). For example in the SYNC area the rollover comes up as "Stay on the Corner" I would like this and all the others changed to "Click for More" in same font and size.

Dropbox - Rollover_Test_Muse.zip

Any ideas?

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2016 Jun 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I do appreciate your help and I simply just recreated the rollovers and now they work as intended. (www.1to3go.com) under "My Portfolio."

Apparently you cannot simply select text in text container in the rollover or mousedown states and alter the copy, though you can easily alter the attributes. I do not know why Muse wont allow this, perhaps in a future update?

Thanks again!

BL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this tip !!! You just saved me an hour or so of fiddling around with muse !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much - this was driving me crazy!! Not very intuitive Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is no Muse limitation at all. This isn't provided by HTML, so it is a limitation by HTML and woudn't work in your browser, even if provided by Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines