• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing from BC to FTP

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with Muse and I really hope someone can help. I finished my client's website about a month ago. I gave them access to IBE and they've been making changes over the course of the month. Now we've reached a point where they need me to come back in to make some changes that they can't do through IBE. The problem is that my version of the .muse file on my local machine is not tied to the FTP version of the live website. I do not know how this happened. When I open my .muse file it says that there have been no changes using IBE, but that is obviously not true because the changes they've made are shown on the live site.

So here's what I need to do:

1.) Relink my .muse file with the live FTP version

2.) NOT lose any of the changes that my client has made using IBE

The problem that I see is that if I try to click FTP under publish it wants to upload the site (using my outdated .muse file) and that would overwrite all the clien'ts IBE changes.

So is there a way to tell the .muse file that it should be looking for changes from the FTP site without uploading first?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

I had the same recently, that´s what I did: I put in the credentials as needed after clicking "Upload to FTP".

Then I got informed that there are some changes made from clients side.

You could then merge all changes into your muse, check properly, if all changes are transferred correct.

After this you could upload to FTP as it was in the good old days when your .muse was connected to the life site.

Hope this helps …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same recently, that´s what I did: I put in the credentials as needed after clicking "Upload to FTP".

Then I got informed that there are some changes made from clients side.

You could then merge all changes into your muse, check properly, if all changes are transferred correct.

After this you could upload to FTP as it was in the good old days when your .muse was connected to the life site.

Hope this helps …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I'm understanding correctly, after I put in the FTP information then Muse will check the live file vs the file-to-be-uploaded and not automatically overwrite the changes the client made. I'll try that later today. If it works I'll be ecstatic. I'll report back.

I already made a FTP backup of the site earlier as a precaution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced it like that.

Let´s invite Preran​ and ankushr40215001  to this, in case I just say something wrong .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not the expert here, I will ask Ankush to take a look. Thank you for the call out, Uwe. Whatever be the case, ensure that you have a backup of your site if things do not go as expected.

Thanks,

PReran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked great, thanks!

I'm having other issues with IBE, but I'll make a separate topic for those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines