Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing SEO for republished site done with Muse

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I've managed to finish the website I was working on with Muse! Hooray!

Other problems arise right now though regarding SEO.

The website I finished is a replacement for an older site. It's on the same domain name

but I've moved the hosting to another hosting provider.

However when I Google Search for this domain I get the old website title & old description
in the result captions.

I've changed the metadata in the Muse site homepage and master pages but the Google
Search results still didn't change. It's been 24 hours since then. Having made the
website from scratch in Muse and using a new provider absolutely no files and information
from the former website has been kept. Then why does Google show those results?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Google could take a couple of days to crawl the site. You can speed up the process by adding your site to Google webmaster and telling Google to recrawl the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Googles Search engine needs at least 2-3 weeks to show any changes. It could even happen that you find results months later.

You may also watch this thread:  Re: How can I block search engines from indexing a Muse site?

Not exactly what you really need, but some explanation maybe?

I have in mind that J-26​ has some more detailed information about your issue and invite him kindly to here.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google may crawl your site at any time...there are numerous timing mechanisms dependent on you content how often you update the site and most importantly if google sees you site as warranting being crawled more often.

in general every 30 days but that’s very general. Go to your Webmaster tools and resubmit your site map...sometimes this will trigger an earlier crawl. Despite all the info out there you can’t force google or an6 other search engine to crawl your site...just suggest they do. Of course they want to have a good value for their customers to so if your site has well written good content following all the other SEO “helps”

good domain name

Page URL with keywords

naming files with keywords images, videos, etc.

H tags not a guarantee just good page structure practice

image captions

Page titles , descriptions, alt text, tool tips a whole lot more.

check out Johns J26 website...he offers some pretty good widgets and info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s what I said...:))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for the answers. i eventually found out...using google search haha

you need to go google account > google search console / crawl / fetch as google.

it's done and already appearing in the search results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great...clear your cache and check again just to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google could take a couple of days to crawl the site. You can speed up the process by adding your site to Google webmaster and telling Google to recrawl the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines