• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome / Opera bug (Android Mobil)

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Musers, I have found a bug and hope someone knows the problem and can help me.

If I place a (text)frame with the "Resize" setting "None" Muse will be generated a white space at the right site (Android Chrome and Opera! Firefox works fine).

I can eliminate the bug only if I change the "Resize" setting to "Strech to browser Width". But I have no longer full control over the text flow.

Does anyone have an idea or do I have to report it to Adobe?
Thank you!

Chrome_Bug_E.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Günter Heißenbüttel and Key, I can validate it as a bus now.

The issue is visible in Android Chrome browser only and can also be checked in Chrome Dev tools.

However, it only happens in a fixed width layout with objects pinned to the center.

It can be worked around by changing the mobile breakpoints to fluid width layout.

I first added a breakpoint at 320px and changed 359 to 360px.

The responsiveness of text box is set to 'none' background object is set to 'browser width'.

Now it looks good in my '1+

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily a bug. Mobile browses react differently, if elements aren't placed correctly.

Are you definitlely sure, that no element (even a invisible one) in no situation is placed/moves outside or overlaps the breakpoint boundaries?

Test it

• by zooming out and select all elements (cmd+A) on layout and master page and
  • by zooming out and moving the scrubber slowly inwards, to see, if an element "bleeds" over the breakpoint width during resizing.
  • If this is not the case, delete test wise ine third party widget after the other and try again.
  • If you don't find any issue, please reduce your site to only one page and a few "misbehaving" elements and let us have a look at this .muse file. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter,
danke für die schnelle Antwort. Im Link findest Du eine Testdatei mit einer Seite, die keine Fehler produziert (OK) und einer die den Fehler produziert (Error). Der Unterschied ist, dass in der fehlerhaften Seite ein Fond hinter dem Text steht. Der Fehler kann nur auf einem Android Handy (Chrome und Opera) angesehen werden.  Vielen Dank
Kay

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can’t test it (no Android device). But you are right: There is absolutely no reason on your sample site, which should cause a incorrect view on whatever device.

Perhaps ankushr40215001​ or Preran​ may have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter,

thank you for posting my problem. I tried again a little. Whenever an object exceeds 50% (text- or pictureframe) over a box (Strech to browser Width), the error appears.Screenshot_20170816-161143.png

ankushr40215001  Preran

I urgently need a solution because I am working on a large website.

Thanks alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Key,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let me take this opportunity to get your issue fixed. pretty sure this is resolvable as we haven't seen something like before.

I need your site URL for study, please share the same with me.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​: … and please have a look at post 2. There you find a link to the corresponding .muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

thanks for your quick reply. Here is a pattern page (only 2 items on the page).

Error

You have to view the page on an Android mobile phone. (CSS width 360 px / Chrome or Opera)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter Heißenbüttel and Key, I can validate it as a bus now.

The issue is visible in Android Chrome browser only and can also be checked in Chrome Dev tools.

However, it only happens in a fixed width layout with objects pinned to the center.

It can be worked around by changing the mobile breakpoints to fluid width layout.

I first added a breakpoint at 320px and changed 359 to 360px.

The responsiveness of text box is set to 'none' background object is set to 'browser width'.

Now it looks good in my '1+2' and Samsung Galaxy S8 Android device.

Have a look at this - CssTest.​

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in Google Chrome. Slipping side?

For Gunter Link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,
thanks alot. Is it possible to put the .muse file into my creativ cloud files.

Regards,
Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sure here it is - Adobe Creative Cloud.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

many thanks for the file. But I have the same problem at BP 767. No matter, now I found a simpler way. I copy the object (text or image) into a text frame with the setting "Strech to browser Width" and then it works.

Take a look: Error

Thanks
Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is that you do not use a frame for a background, but a text frame and fill it with color. Then there is no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, thank you so much for sharing all these workarounds. Great contribution by you.

Please be informed that a bug has already been logged for this issue and expected to be fixed in next update.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no universal solution to this problem. Only the trial and error method on each specific site. It helped on your website, it will not help on the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines