• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client doesn't see the same site as me when published

Participant ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published my site using Desktop/Tablet/Phone static versions which I can view no problem (although it does sometimes jump between the Desktop and Phone versions the viewed on an iPhone 7) viewing at all.

However client views the site on his PC in Explorer and Chrome and the sites don't work (won't allow scrolling). I have asked him to clear the browser history, but this hasn't worked either. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Hi Ankush, the URL is: lindleymortimer.co.uk (lindleymortimer.com points to the .co.uk and I am looking to transfer this to the .co.uk hosted site to get around the frame issues causing the browser re directs not to work).

It now appears it's just the Chrome version causing the issue despite clearing browser history (not sure why Explorer has suddenly decided to view things correctly).

I discovered the iPhone 7 issue was because on the navigation I'd set the menu boxes to link to the Tablet/Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dodger50

Very strange! can you please

Please share the URL of your site so that we can have a look at it and get you to a solution.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ankush, the URL is: lindleymortimer.co.uk (lindleymortimer.com points to the .co.uk and I am looking to transfer this to the .co.uk hosted site to get around the frame issues causing the browser re directs not to work).

It now appears it's just the Chrome version causing the issue despite clearing browser history (not sure why Explorer has suddenly decided to view things correctly).

I discovered the iPhone 7 issue was because on the navigation I'd set the menu boxes to link to the Tablet/Phone versions but not the actual text itself which still linked to the Desktop version, so that is now fixed. I hadn't realised you could have dual links on a menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines