• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Adobe Muse - This is a terrible mistake - Please reconsider

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I've been using your products for over 25 years and have alway found them to be great.

This most recent decision to close down Adobe Muse is just crazy. It's a great piece of software and has a very active, enthusiastic and loyal group of designers utilising it and creating great work with it. It can only get bigger from here and will be up there with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign if you stick with it.

It is really worth reconsidering this. There are a lot of users that have had their faith eroded in your company by this decision. Please listen to your loyal customers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. In 23 years of using Adobe products almost exclusively for print and web design, I have never seen this company act so disrespectfully and cavalierly towards its users. I have spent thousands of hours designing Muse sites for my clients and now that investment is worthless. I'm infuriated. I truly wish I wasn't an expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat, because if I wasn't, I would quit Adobe in a heartbeat. I've made a 23-year investment in Adobe and their products, and by discontinuing Muse without a care for me and my livelihood, they have thrown me away like last day's garbage. Ending Adobe Muse and Business Catalyst is unforgivable. ADOBE, YOU SUCK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're sick of this kind of big business mindset, why not look at other options? The best way to "stick it back to them" is to leave and cancel your membership. Some suggestions:

WEB:

Xara or Webflow

ILLUSTRATION/DESKTOP PUBLISHING/PHOTO/PAINT:

CorelDraw, Corel Photo & Paint

VIDEO:

Magix Vegas Pro 15

These are just a few very good programs that do NOT force you to pay "rent"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vegas is a superior product for Video work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse_HateYou.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only agree in the most strident voice that Adobe abandoning Muse is a horrible mistake. Their espoused reasoning is that the new XD replaces it. This is a bogus and highly questionable statement. XD is nothing like MUSE, either in operation results or the market users it serves. Another reason they give is that people who want a quick way to create a website can use the canned methods used by internet service providers. This, too, is bogus. We small business, entrepeneurial and individuals who have been forced by Adobe to buy their annual license "squeeze" of $600 odd dollars deserve to have the programs that serve our needs, not the huge, complicated corporate oriented behemoths like XD. With MUSE a small business can create or update a website in a matter of minutes, not he hours it takes to design and export XD results to other platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevinready  wrote

...Adobe abandoning Muse is a horrible mistake.

Under the circumstances, it's about the most sensible thing Adobe could do.  Muse might be fine for prototyping but it's not fit for use as a web authoring tool.   The lack of support for CSS Flexbox is just one failure among a long list of others.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You miss the point totally. Muse CC does not require a user to do CSS coding. The whole point is that one of the easiest to use and quickest to master products in Adobe's catalog is being squelched by people like you who really should be using XD or Dreamweaver or whatever, leave Muse for the people who love it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I think you miss the point.  This has nothing whatsoever to do with me.   If Muse had any  future as a web design tool of good standing,  do you think Adobe would be ending it?  Of course not.

Muse was fun while it lasted.  And now it's over.   Nothing is going to change that. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines