• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so angry at Adobe I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription. i loved Muse. It is great software. It is dispicable of Adobe to get us sucked into using one program to develop websites and than take it away from us. Today I agree, Adobe Sucks!!!!! Mary Boland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so sad. I have been a member of Muse since Day 1 and I have loved the software; all the work they've put into it and it has grown better and better.

I have a small business that has flourished over the years; so what do I do now?

A year to move? WHERE??? Thanks, Adobe, for making my day.

So what is an alternative? A geeky friend said to me: either hire someone to do a website for you or learn to use one of the boilerplate sites.  Oh goodie!

Please reconsider. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this might have been the last straw for me. I've been paying for Creative Cloud at $49.99, now $53.99 a month mainly for muse but now that it's going away, I can probably find alternatives to photoshop, illustrator & indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the last post I will make on this thread.

I work for a software company. A few years back, one of our clients wanted a specific website designed just to push our service to their employees. Our developer resources were spread a bit thin, so I stepped in, learned Muse, and created a really great site. Our clients were ecstatic. My company was ecstatic. And I felt empowered that I was able to build something without having to rely on serious code knowledge. Basically, it opened a new world up to me for my creative talents and for possible freelance work.

So, my options appear to be: 1) prepare myself to spending ridiculous amounts of time fumbling around with code, or 2) find another product, if there is one.

I am so absolutely deflated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond unbelievable.  A business like Adobe which cut its teeth on the needs of creative individuals suddenly walks away on a program that will seriously hamper thousands of individuals and small businesses to compete or sustain their businesses.  This action goes beyond Adobe's simple bottomline decision to abandon software and moves into an area of malicious harm.  Their actions will harm people in definable economic ways.  There is no real roadmap from Adobe to recover time and materials lost and little transparency.  How does one trust this company any more? This decision reaches into the very heart of what we subscribe to Adobe for.

In simple terms a class action suit based on restraint of trade is quiet feasible in this situation.

In short, a “restraint of trade” is any activity that hinders someone else from doing business in the way that he would normally do it if there were no restraints.  While federal, state, and local governments can pass laws and regulations that create obstacles for certain kinds of businesses, it is generally considered improper for individuals (Adobe) to restrain one another’s trade in certain ways.  Someone who loses business or suffers another injury may have a tort case against another individual whose trade-restraining behavior injured him.

This is not over by a long shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Class action yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been learning Muse and - like others - felt suddenly empowered in my ability as a designer to build a robust website without being bogged down with code. I now feel betrayed and abandoned by a company I wholeheartedly embraced throughout my career. The reasoning is suspect. We are supposed to undermine our creative vision and sign on to "Do It Yourself" templated franchise website providers for electronic "paint by numbers"? Come on, Adobe, when did you sell your soul? Has your embrace of the creative community really been a travesty all along? You're telling us to stick to the creative side and partner with development teams if we want to build original websites. I know of few small businesses that can afford to hire a "development team" to complete our projects. Unfortunately, you have become just another big business that has lost site of its lifeblood user base. Sad, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely used Muse (I work 8 hours a day at least in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), but thought Muse was one of Adobe's most revolutionary applications, bridging graphic design/layout and the arcane and arduous world of web coding. I would definitely boycott Adobe if my workplace weren't paying for it. The monthly fee for the "everything" package just to get the three programs I use is ridiculous. I hate Adobe too. Such nonsense and bloat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so absolutely disappointed in Adobe.I am very very sad. And we are in serious trouble. We are a designer and working on building websites using Muse. Please do not deprive us of our work. Please reconsider.

Preran, I think you should take this feedback back to the team and convince them to reconsider their move .

Do not close this project!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite shocked to see Muse bite the dust, yet at the same time, not so shocked. The platform itself never seemed to meet my personal desires. Seemed too buggy, and updates on it was ridiculously slow compared to other programs (like Dreamweaver and Photoshop). I started to use it when it first came out. I used it to develop 2 basic websites. But, it just didn't seem right. Took a look at it again about a year or 2 ago, and I knew it just wouldn't cut it.

DIYs like Webydo, Wix, and Squarespace has really hammered people as it allows folks to totally skip developers. Thing is, websites built with those are generic as they are template run. Since these sites are built by folks who never stepped foot into a design school, they are often ugly and hard to navigate. Still, they are easy enough to use. For many folks ease of use > functionality.

Then add in Muse's competitors through the years. One of which was Macaw (now owned by another company InVision). That tanked and then Webflow popped up. Between the DIY website builders and Webflow, it was only a matter of time before Muse got the axe. One of the other killers of Muse was terrible support both for the software and consumer.

Honestly, I missed the good ol days of Adobe. As it stands now, they have way too much going on to seriously focus on any one thing. They are trying too hard to be the best at everything. This has caused them to get sloppy, and their competition is feeding off of that.   Maybe getting rid of Muse+Catalyst will be a good thing in the long run. These guys seriously need to think about what is important to them and stick with making those things awesome. I kind of want them to remove more programs (cough cough Mixamo, Character Animator, and any other 3D products). Why? Because other companies do it better with efficiency and reliability in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big takeaway from all this is that who know what other applications Adobe will suddenly stop supporting. Why bother to learn any of them (aside from InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)? What Muse had going was something pretty unique.

The "All Apps" subscription price is way too high for so many lesser-known applications that Adobe might suddenly pull the plug on, and the single app price is way too high also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know where to begin.  This is ridiculous.  Adobe staff is frustrated?  Think about all the money your users have invested in .. not only Adobe software but  also Muse widgets and hundreds of un-billable hours to learn it.  Clients all over will be livid and well because the outdated websites will have to be redeveloped eventually wouldn't it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, fact is almost EVERY back end coder I know wouldn't know good design if it slapped them in the face....that said I respect the skill and education your profession requires....and for large companies you can have a team of each to handle large projects for the best result. Unfortunately there are MANY small businesses that cannot afford that 2 pronged approach and Adobe Muse was a good solution for designers to create mainstream websites that didn't have to be cookie cutter (WP, Wix, Weebly, etc). Fact is most web sites have a pretty much fixed set of features and Muse capitalized on that. Adobe, you need to reconsider this quickly because things move fast......I don't think i am alone in saying if you drop Muse I'll find substitutes for all your products...bring Muse back or launch a better alternative please. Adobe you are affected people livelihoods....your announcement and lack of viable alternatives is arrogant to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed the petition, “Adobe Systems: Adobe - Do not discontinue Muse!!!!!!.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse?utm_medium=email&utm_source=pet...

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not understand this decision to stop MUSE either!

I've created several homepages for my customoers, gained new ones and now you stop this app ??

And the most essential question is:

Will those homepages still work in the future? I mean, we all use the Typekit of Muse which is on Adobe's server, right?

So the Customers homepages needs those fonts?! If you quit Muse, do you quit those Fonts which are used in those MUSE-Homepages???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DID ADOBE BUY WIX??? Would explain a great deal..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so absolutely disappointed in Adobe.

I am very very sad.

And we are in serious trouble.

Do not close this project!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A petition has been started. Please sign and share as much as you can. It may not make a difference but never say never.

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange timing. Not kidding when I say I sat down this morning to begin rebuilding my own website with Muse. And there sat the email announcing the end of Muse. Dodged a bullet there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky for some!  Unlucky for others.  Regardless of our good or bad luck, please have some empathy for those who have built businesses (and products) based on what the program could do.  All their work is either a complete waste or has to be migrated to another program.  This is a bit like telling an Accountant they will have to go back to hand written ledgers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been working on a new website recently. Spent most of last week in Muse getting it all done. I'll probably go ahead and send to my hosting account but I guess I'll be rebuilding before 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am copying this post from another discussion because the questions to me in this thread have been on the same lines.

Hi everyone,

I went through all the responses, and I thank you for taking time to share your concerns here. Because questions have been broadly dispersed across many posts, I will try and summarize all that has been asked of me. At one point in my career, I was a web designer with a small business myself, so I do understand the sentiment and will do my best to get it across to the team.

- Reasons behind the decision: I hate to repeat this, but all that has to be said is in the FAQ. Having said that, I will check with the team to see if they have anything to add. I will report back here if they do.

- Is the DIY solution under the Spark umbrella a viable migration path?: The product is still in its infancy (it doesn't even have a name as yet), and it is too early to tell about how it will grow and whether it will meet your current requirements. I have not had a chance to test it myself, and questions on migration from Adobe Muse or whether it is an effective replacement is something we will know when the product is available for testing. At this moment, I do not have a date at which that will happen but in my opinion, we are probably looking at a few months down the road. Dates and timelines keep shifting based on many factors, so don't hold me to it.

I have not used any of the other possible solutions out there, so your friends on this forum are better equipped to guide you on those questions. That is the reason why this discussion was initiated in the first place.

- Reconsider the decision: That sentiment has already been shared with the team, and I will do so again today.

- Additional training and cost to move to another software or solution: Adobe Muse will continue to be supported for a year, and sites created on it will continue to work as long as it is supported by the browsers of the time. I understand that this is not a perfect answer, but I am hoping that this will speak to the sense of panic in some of the posts. Even with sites created with BC, you have a year to move them to another location.

- Purchase and discount related questions: Because Adobe Muse will continue to be supported for a year, I do not think that there are any discounts being provided. I am not the expert on this one, and I suggest contacting Customer Care directly if you need more clarification.

A few single app sub users received a price hike email yesterday. You can ignore that email as there is no price change for single app subscribers for Adobe Muse.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep saying we have a year to move our sites, but it's still going to cost us TIME AND MONEY.... It doesn't matter if it takes 5 years, it will still COST US TIME AND MONEY. Not to mention the ANGER I will get from my clients when I tell them their sites won't function the way they used to. And how long will there be browser support? do we have to wait until one of our clients' sites break? I'm not going to wait, I'm going to have to redesign every site from scratch, which will COST ME SUBSTANTIAL TIME AND MONEY.  Thanks for nothing. You just threw us all under the bus and LOST us business and cost us our REPUTATIONS with our clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines