• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illostraight 3
Great idea, I checked it out. Musegrid really did do their homework. BUT the favored software is not for free and offering a quite unusual pricing plan. You can design one project for free. 10 Sites will cost you $16  a month with anually payment and unlimited sites $35 per month! Not calculating the hosting costs which appeal with a special hosting plan.
Now the software sure might be even better than Muse, but is a lot more expensive (espec. when you consider these extra costs on top of Adobe CC AND in some cases the costs for Musegrid in addtion). To have the same webdesign enviroment as with Muse you will have to pay an extra $420 plus tax a year!

Besides, the noew software is quite different from Muse and needs to be learned too.

What Adobe does here with its customers is an insolence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reconsider. This decision will make it necessary for me to recreate all the websites I have created for small businesses, non-profits and other clients out of my sense of integrity. does Adobe not have the same integrity to stand behind a program it profited from while encouraging designers to use it confidently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You are wrong. Adobe is wrong. Businesses that don't listen to their customers are wrong and soon fade away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "BC" that you keep mentioning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business Catalyst -- an all in one hosting & business platform.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for elucidating this to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Yes that was the correct answer. Thank you. I received an email from Adobe telling me to and select "correct" below your answer. Well, I don't see anything like that here. Yet another example of Adobe's incompetence with dealing with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries.  The original post has already been answered correctly.  Only one correct answer is allowed per topic.   This forum is run by JIVE, not Adobe.  The LIKE and HELPFUL links are an alternate way to give credit to replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for the personal email.

If the original post was answered correctly, why did you respond to it?

Adobe said that if your answer was correct I should click on a link called correct . I simply pointed out that no such link appears on the forums.

I am sorry that you do not actually read what I responded to.

Do you work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

murdock1  wrote

Nancy,

Thanks for the personal email.

If the original post was answered correctly, why did you respond to it?

Adobe said that if your answer was correct I should click on a link called correct . I simply pointed out that no such link appears on the forums.

I am sorry that you do not actually read what I responded to.

Do you work for Adobe?

'Do you understand how web forums work?  You're getting automatic copies to your email inbox.  This forum discussion begin in March and now has 418+ replies and spans over 11+ pages.   People continue to find it in web searches and resurrect it with new questions even though the original post was answered quite a while ago.  I do read what people add to the discussion and offer replies when I can.   I do this voluntarilly.  I don't work for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it April 1st? Because this is a bad joke Adobe. Muse is a great tool. Even if maintained at its current level, with updates only to accommodate future code and browser updates, it’s still a useful tool. This certainly isn’t a decision made with the user in mind. I can only believe this is a monetary decision. And announced on the heels of a CC price increase to boot. I also write code but enjoy working in Muse and participated in its development from early on. Honestly, I won’t have a huge issue working without Muse, but why should I have to? No communication with the users whatsoever. Just, “Hey everyone, this is over. Deal with it.” I expect more from this company. I would ask Adobe to reconsider this decision. I hope there is enough voice in the community to make this happen. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ... can't believe this.  I am in as much dismay as I was when I heard about Steve Jobs dying.  I am in mourning today.  Adobe, I have spent the last year building my future with this product and you tear down my life and that of many others in a matter of seconds without even a consultation.  It sounds like it's been a sacrificial lamb for a company that's maybe trying to do too much at one time?  I will seriously rethink doing any further web development and I will hang my head in shame on behalf of Adobe as they obviously have no compunction about making decisions like this ... luring us in with an easy to use product that solves issues on web development and then pulling the rug out from under us.  So they expect me and hundreds of thousands of users to keep paying for their service after this type of disrespect?  So much for being a company for Designers - Muse is a great program that non tech Designers could use and has developed a huge following with quite a lot of boutique businesses hanging off it ... what are they supposed to do now?  Why couldn't they just find a third party to buy it and contine it's development instead of trashing people's hopes and dreams? oversoftwarecompanytactics​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible, you know? The first time I exported a Muse and saw all those js files and external references to code that we will depend on being relevant I had a bad feeling that any day this could be taken away from us and we will end up having to rebuild everything we started. But I gambled on it building more and more content over two years.

Now it has happened I'm in shock. Will have to now begin the process of hand coding every page of a large website and replace without disruption. 

How long do you think it is going to be after support ends that we start to get errors on our sites when we update them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I did in Muse I can recreate in DreamWeaver. It just takes 100X more time. This sucks ya'll.

Started recreating a 500 page website last week. The only good thing about this is that it will load a lot faster when I'm done. Muse code was too heavy. Better not end Dreamweaver or else this will be a big waste of time again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerryl71548752  wrote

Started recreating a 500 page website last week. The only good thing about this is that it will load a lot faster when I'm done.

Sites over 50 pages really should be built dynamically with server-side code and databases.  Something you could never do in Muse.

With a dynamic site you only need to create 4 page layouts -- Home, Contact, Summary & Detail page.  Content is then assembled on the fly by your server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 20 clients on muse sites, it’s 80% of my business. The last two years of my business develop have all been wasted due to Adobe’s decision. I am seriously screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kepemo, you and everyone else. This sux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Adobe. For a corporation whose customer base is the creative class, you've sure shown that you don't know much about branding. Today, you hauled off and shot your very esteemed and valuable brand in the foot. You ought to know better - the lost customer trust you see on display right here in this forum is nearly impossible to regain. Not only did you kill off a popular and essential product, but you've given us no viable recourse or product path at all. I imagine others, like me, are furiously downloading your competitors demos - hoping to find a decent solution. Good luck getting them back.  Geez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most people I am seriously unimpressed with today's announcement. Spent hour learning how to use Muse and hours building my websites. I am a relatively small player but for people whose livelihood depends on Muse this is a massive body blow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Preran

Thank you for trying to steer us in the direction of alternatives, but it does little to lessen the big blow that Adobe has dished out today - I can't get away from the feeling that I have been punched in the guts.  This ... Muse ... HAS BEEN OUR ALTERNATIVE (and saving grace) to being forced to learn a language that makes as much sense to me as klingon. 

I will be forever grateful to all the Musers that produced wonderful widgets and training tutorials that helped me kind of understand the web, but this will end my delving into it as I don't have time to learn another piece of software logic - as a one woman band, I have enough with graphic design, database development, product design (cad), financial systems, business plans, marketing plans, business management, compliancy and tech in general.  I will now have no choice than to defer to using inferior options like shopify to build the web presence for my store driven businesses or aim to make enough money to hire a coder.  After this week's Facebook debacle, how long that "alternative" will be around is anyone's guess (given how these giant companies sacrifice our time and money). 

Preran, I think you should take this feedback back to the team and convince them to reconsider their move ... else they might end up with a #boycottadobe movement on their hands.  What would they do if every Adobe subscriber stopped subscribing?  What then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback, and I completely get how you feel. I will be summarizing all observations and sentiment from the forum for the team, and sharing it with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I transfer my sites I will quit my subscription. I still have my work subscription if I want to pratice, etc., but I used my subscription solely because of Muse and the five sites that came with it. Today I am totally fed up with  Adobe. I understand Muse Themes is coming out with its own software. Hopefully that will be a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm very chocked. I'm working with Muse since two years for clients who are satisfy. I DON'T UNDERSTAND why Adobe choose to condamne this application without proposing a real and efficient alternative which will allow to go on working with clients without lying about the future of their website which last sometimes between 3 and 5 years. What's happen if the clients reclaimed the complete change of their existing website costless. Who will pay? What's happening now? Should we leave adobe during the time they developp adobe Xd or Spark or...seriously. Or do you have other proposals.

I wish to continue to build website with Muse for years. This logiciel allow to mix creativity and code together. It is a very good compromise for an application.

Please reconsider your radical choice!

Sandrine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Adobe's worst decision since they sent tech support to India!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines