Highlighted

Cloud.typography with Muse and BC

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to get Cloud.typography from typography.com to work with Adobe muse going into Business catalyst. Does anyone have experience with this? The present advice is outdated with broken links. I have installed the font folder on my server, and have the code snippet in my header. How do I actually use the font? Should I expect it as an option in the in-browser editor? Do I have to modify the CSS file further? Or is this a situation that will require hand coding knowledge, as I assume I have to let some part of the document know to use the font?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

Normally muse works with typekit or web edge font. You could import fonts into this : Add web fonts like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-11 um 13.23.25.png

Not sure, if it helps with cloud typography without coding knowledge. With fonts, used in muse you could add paragraph styles and tags which are very important for SEO. With self hosted fonts this will work as well. If you could download fonts from the cloud this will work, too. Watch requirements:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-11 um 13.26.14.png

Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cloud.typography with Muse and BC

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to get Cloud.typography from typography.com to work with Adobe muse going into Business catalyst. Does anyone have experience with this? The present advice is outdated with broken links. I have installed the font folder on my server, and have the code snippet in my header. How do I actually use the font? Should I expect it as an option in the in-browser editor? Do I have to modify the CSS file further? Or is this a situation that will require hand coding knowledge, as I assume I have to let some part of the document know to use the font?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

Normally muse works with typekit or web edge font. You could import fonts into this : Add web fonts like this:

Not sure, if it helps with cloud typography without coding knowledge. With fonts, used in muse you could add paragraph styles and tags which are very important for SEO. With self hosted fonts this will work as well. If you could download fonts from the cloud this will work, too. Watch requirements:

Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AirvantGarde,Cheers,

Uwe is correct. Cloud.typography have their own web font service. Because Typekit is integrated into Adobe Muse, it's very easy to use those fonts. If you'd like to use Cloud.typography, you'll have to follow these instructions: How Cloud.typography Works | Webfonts by Hoefler & Co.  and it does require adding code to the site.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 1