• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMS for sites created in Muse but hosted in third party?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question: I have few sites, design with muse,  published temporary and hosted now on BC  (free service) and has limited edit options by my client.

I want to move it to a third party host but wonder if it will be still possible to edit by customers?

If I buy the service from BC - is there a bter CMS option to edit the site?

Thanks for helping!

Iris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

iris-south  написал(а)

my client needs to change the text, at least twice a week, and it should be special text - rotate and blink and so on.)

In this case, Muse does not suit you at all. I would recommend that you use some kind of CMS as a wordpress or just take payment for the design development but not the site on a turnkey basis.

... Or your client has to become a user of Muse himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can host on any 3rd party host without any problem.

Inbrowserediting will work also for your client ( I say without any problem ).

If the CMS on BC is better? I can`t compare really. Depends on how much your client needs to edit.

Editing text and pictures is not a big deal, adding pictures and text is not possible inside muses inbrowserediting, as you might already know.

What exactly do you/your client need? That´s the main question (some said: "to be or not to be" ).

For real CMS there are several options.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I think I will try it for the free month period and see if it gives a solution.

Pn the inbrowser editing there is no option to to edit, for example a text that is with a widget of blinking of any widgets at all. Only standart text - and this is one problem I'm facing (my client needs to change the text, at least twice a week, and it should be special text - rotate and blink and so on.)

Regards,

Iris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iris-south  написал(а)

my client needs to change the text, at least twice a week, and it should be special text - rotate and blink and so on.)

In this case, Muse does not suit you at all. I would recommend that you use some kind of CMS as a wordpress or just take payment for the design development but not the site on a turnkey basis.

... Or your client has to become a user of Muse himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, text blinking inside widgets, you would need to ask the inventor of the certain 3rd party widget.

Watch out at muse widgets.com, there are several text blinking widgets that persuade full control (from whom ever).

Give us an example of what you and your client want to approach.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines