• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code needed for responsive vertical centering

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very sad that Muse does not allow users to centre objects on the vertical axis responsively. There is at least one widget available at extra cost but why pay (when I'm broke) where a few lines of code will solve this problem?

However, I don't know what the code is. Please could someone tell me?

A previous problem involved responsive sizing of objects vertically. Expensive widgets were available to solve that particular problem but a few lines of code did the trick for free (thanks to the pre-pubescent kid who made a YouTube video on it).

That code was easy to insert into the page properties dialogue box. It also required the use of a graphics style. I would be very grateful if someone could please give me code for the responsive vertical centring problem?

I need to keep the "previous" and "next" arrows centred for selecting images in my gallery. I just need to apply some code to the arrows to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the answer to your question, but see this post where Zak has discussed complications with such a site.

Responsive scale boxes width and height?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyw43910326

A previous problem involved responsive sizing of objects vertically. Expensive widgets were available to solve that particular problem but a few lines of code did the trick for free (thanks to the pre-pubescent kid who made a YouTube video on it).

Could you tell us about the pre-pubescent link from youtube? I get very strange and completely unwanted content, when I search for it on youtube.

For the arrows: could`t you pin those arrows as a workaround? If you provide a screenshot or a very reduced one page.muse, we can watch out for help.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s a free widget:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-25 um 23.28.29.png

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this recommendation, fotoroeder. Unfortunately, Widgets.mu is no longer in operation and I was unable to find a working download link for the Center Page widget. Could you please be so kind as to upload one for me, assuming you have it?

This is a link to the YT video I mentioned:

Free 100% Height Adobe Muse - Adobe Muse Free Responsive Height - YouTube

Pinning, alone, doesn't really do the job, sadly.

Preran, thanks for the link. Yes, there isn't really a solution to be found in that discussion. I know what I am trying to achieve is very basic and realistic (for a programmer) so I'll keep trying. There are at least two widgets for sale that I think might be able to facilitate my ambition. A few lines of simple code should do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garyw43910326​, without being responsible if the widget does its job properly and without knowing bugs or if it creates issues:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this, fotoroeder. No problem regarding the delay, and I apologise for mine in replying!

I do not actually know how to use this widget. There are no instructions or options that I've seen thus far, and I've been unable to find instructions online. If you, or anyone else, is able to advise me (how to use it to keep a specific element always centred vertically), please do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have never used it. Sorry.There are some widgets that may need a subscription, unfortunately.

Check this: https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check this site - Widgets.Mu · GitHub.

This might take you a step above till now.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I can't see anything there specifically that helps with this problem but I appreciate the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines