Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition button problems at break points

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Muse 2018.0

I am using the Featured News Composition widget, and am having severe problems with the buttons on break points. In between break points, everything sems to scale fine. But any changes in resizing and/or font size I make at break points seems to effect the other break points. I have text set on current break point only, but the button resizing gets screwed up in others as well. I have tried going from largest to smallest and smallest to largest, but nothing seems to work.

www.chinimblelore.com

Is there a setting that I'm missing where all changes in one break point are relative to all others?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

You use system fonts instead of web fonts. System fonts scale like images and not like text.

There´s also this tiny little button at the tools bar:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-02 um 23.58.47.png

With this button you could set, if text formatting will happen only in one/the current breakpoint or in all breakpoints.

You don`t need the breakpoint at 320. This is a minimum width. There are no smaller devices than 320.

I attach a file. Check and set the "featured news compo" as you like.

Adobe Creative Cloud

If you need more help, let me know with yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a .muse with only one page with only one composition? With all the breakpoints you use?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go, Uwe. (I hope I did this right...)

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use system fonts instead of web fonts. System fonts scale like images and not like text.

There´s also this tiny little button at the tools bar:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-02 um 23.58.47.png

With this button you could set, if text formatting will happen only in one/the current breakpoint or in all breakpoints.

You don`t need the breakpoint at 320. This is a minimum width. There are no smaller devices than 320.

I attach a file. Check and set the "featured news compo" as you like.

Adobe Creative Cloud

If you need more help, let me know with your new file.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Uwe,

Thanks. This helped a lot and at least got me to where the buttons are readable at all break points. It still gets a bit wonky, even with the "Single T" selected - it still seems to sometimes effect the text size at other break points.

Again, a bit more tweaking than seems necessary (not because of your input in any way - seems to be a program thing). The biggest help was the type of fonts used, which makes everything work much better now that I changed everything to Web Fonts.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jessariah,

you´re welcome .

Be aware, that text scaling at/with your buttons has to be done in all states.

In your case, this needs more work than necessary because you already set up all buttons in all breakpoints in all states in a certain way.

I experienced that it gets much less work to do, when / if you start from scratch, take your time to create the page in one breakpoint in all details as desired (thanks Pavel Homeriki ). This needs some more "planning" in the beginning and more tryout in the beginning. I then do not continue, until (for example) the buttons are set up exactly as I like.

If necessary I do some testings on an additional page (exclude it from the automatic menu, if I use one), before I put this on the regular page.

For design purposes, I recommend to leave some more space to your content.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines