• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition dissapears

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed a site in February. The client had one small change on April 9, 2018. I had updated the app to the 2018 version but never used it.

When I opened my old file the app converted it and saved an old version.

I made the change and published the site.

The home page, which I did not touch, has a composition widget that does not show up on the site. It shows up in the Muse document. Also, there are many other formatting issues that were not there before. The sticky footer is no longer sticky even though the box is checked.

I tried reverting back to the old version of Muse and uploading an old Muse file from backup, but the application crashes.

The error message says "Pageitem is not Ibounds. but fluid width?".

My client has already paid me and now their site is broken with no way to fix it. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

I tried to organize your file, watch out here:

https://adobe.ly/2HFXR83

I made some necessary changes on master where browser border was not placed correctly:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 08.12.46.png

I also reduced the breakpoints – there´s no need for 320 breakpoint as there are no smaller devices than 320.

In your layers palette you see what I "organized" by watching the capital letters.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 09.08.17.png

One element was not set as a footer element in one breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 08.40.43.png

So far I must admit not to understand your composition on "home" with a text frame stretche

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked one of these?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-10 um 08.31.33.png

Could you provide a link? Maybe it is just a clear browser cache–reload the site - issue?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a cache issue. The same issue shows up in Chrome and Firefox. The other forum about "Pageitem is not Ibounds. but fluid width?" reccomends updating the app. Since no releases are scheduled, that doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the experience. Would it be possible to upload your file to a shared location and share the URL with us over a private message for testing? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message option.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to my original Muse file:

Dropbox - GalbatoLaw.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to organize your file, watch out here:

https://adobe.ly/2HFXR83

I made some necessary changes on master where browser border was not placed correctly:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 08.12.46.png

I also reduced the breakpoints – there´s no need for 320 breakpoint as there are no smaller devices than 320.

In your layers palette you see what I "organized" by watching the capital letters.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 09.08.17.png

One element was not set as a footer element in one breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 08.40.43.png

So far I must admit not to understand your composition on "home" with a text frame stretched to browser width and some compo inside. This creates the issue with disappearing, I am quite sure:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-17 um 07.36.16.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. The client wanted the bottom section to be divided into two equal parts the were pinned to the browser edges but expanded to fill the width. On the left is the static text, on the right-the composition. I wasn't sure how to do this, so I improvised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe.ly/2qPHTB6

Hav a look at this file. I added some padding to the text and the composition is set up accordingly to the heigth of the text in 960.

Important: both elements are set to be responsive in width and are not pinned.

Be aware, that reducing the browser width expands the text in height. You might need either a breakpoint or use one of the widgets that allow to make the text scroll as soon as it expands its height.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome. You may come to the conclusion towards smaller breakpoints to place the elements from top to bottom  instead of side by side, right?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines