• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Triggers Rollover state

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created some triggers for a composition and tried to put in a 50% white fill to occur on rollover. It's not working and I just can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Here is the page on Business Catalyst: ABOUT US

Here is a screen shot of how I have this set up.

Would anyone know why this is not working for me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

The solution is very simple. We all missed the fact that you have a target window that appears when you hover over a trigger, not when you click. Thus, you need to configure the active state of the trigger, and not the state when you hover. But at the same time one of the triggers will always be in the active state and it can not be changed.

57864e4bdf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fill is for base color which you have covered with the image so people don't see it unless they have images blocked on their browser... set the effects to 50% in rollover state and try that

pastedImage_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I tried it, but unfortunately the result is the same.

Tried to change the effect entirely to drop shadow to see if that would work, but that doesn't show in the browser either, even though all effects in Muse show correctly.

Do I have a glitsch or something? Muse is updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your site code says "on rollover" not "on click"

Screenshot (1166).png

I think you may be editing the wrong state mate... try making your changes to the active state instead of the rollover state and test.

example = roll

p.s, its not the error but your site is using a png + gif images instead of the jpg the posted sreenshot shows... thats a bad idea ime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway - I didn't realise it had to be jpgs but I can change that easily.

However I want the changes in the trigger to ocurr on Rollover, so in Muse, I am making the changes when the trigger is in Rollover state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zelnat06  wrote

Thanks Ussnorway - I didn't realise it had to be jpgs but I can change that easily.

However I want the changes in the trigger to ocurr on Rollover, so in Muse, I am making the changes when the trigger is in Rollover state.

if you have the com-widget set to show "on rollover" then as soon as you move the mouse over it, the active state is tiggered

anyway best of luck with it mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway,

I suspect I will have to un-sell my great idea and convince the client of a new one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the rectangles in the triggers with the configured states of opacity, the same size and configuration as the triggers.

2aaa4be116.png

Example here Homerage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simplest way if you want the white background (and not the icon) to be semitransparent:

1. Make the trigger white and don’t fill it with an image, but place an image into it.
  2. Now activate the trigger (not the icon), go to rollover state, use the „Fill“ command, to assign 50% transparency.

Result: On Rollover the icon doesn’t change, but the background changes to semitransparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, nothing happens, because the image overlaps the background. We just will not see any background changes.

The problem is that usually everything is very simple - you just need to set the opacity of the fill and the color, as seen in the screenshot provided by zelnat06.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel Homeriki​: You are right, when dealing with JPGs. But the background is visible, if the icon (= the person in this case) has no background and is placed as a PNG or SVG with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel,

I think you might be right here. Another version of this problem exists on this page, where I want the rollover to produce a bevel effect. Below is a screenshot of how I've set this up, but as you will see from the live link - nothing is happening on rollover.

SERVICES

I'm going a little crazy with this problem, because it was such a unique idea and the client loves the idea and I just can't execute it. Please tell me there is a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is very simple. We all missed the fact that you have a target window that appears when you hover over a trigger, not when you click. Thus, you need to configure the active state of the trigger, and not the state when you hover. But at the same time one of the triggers will always be in the active state and it can not be changed.

57864e4bdf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you tick "hide all initially" then you start with no active states... hide on "rollout" will allow you to return to non active states as well

Screenshot (1169).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway, that is a valid point as well. It follows on from Pavel's comment. Its all to do with whether or not the trigger is considered active on rollover and that has to do with how I've set up the target.

What would I do without you guys! Yu're awesome.

That's twice you've saved me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel, mate, you are MY HERO!!!

You have totally made my night! I would never have picked that and now you say it, it's so obvious!

I haven't got it exactly the way I want it yet, but that is definitely the answer. I will work on it tomorrow.

I need to edit the trigger in the active state, because rollover induces the action which means it's active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad that now you can fall asleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines