• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition Widget for Menus: What does Google see?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm creating a menu or navigation system for my website using a composition widget, will the google-bots be able to tell that this content is a "menu"  I have a client that is very strict with their SEO compliance.

In fact, regardless of how I'm making it, does Muse create some kind of "tag" or property that indicate that a certain part of the code is  a "menu"

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

I looked at the exported code for a menu on one of my sites, and I don't see anything that specifically states that a component is part of a menu. From what I know, Muse sites are SEO compliant. What exactly are you looking for in terms of SEO compliance as far as a menu is concerned?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the exported code for a menu on one of my sites, and I don't see anything that specifically states that a component is part of a menu. From what I know, Muse sites are SEO compliant. What exactly are you looking for in terms of SEO compliance as far as a menu is concerned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been doing some additional research myself since I asked this question.

Even though I have basic HTML/CSS skills, I make sites in Muse because I'm a designer first, and Muse helps me get the kind UX I like, creative, fast and stable, not to mention SEO compliant.

I was concerned about trying to be too "creative" with my menu system for a new site because the client is very SEO strict and I just wasn't up to speed on what code Google-bots can read nowadays, or what kind of special tags or code structures I might need to pay attention to regarding my menu idea.

Long story short: It's nothing I need to worry about. The SEO people I talked to said the main thing was to keep the menu structure organized a certain way, along with making sure the underlying pages were ordered and named a certain way. (along with lots of other SEO voodoo I'm only just now beginning to understand) 

Sorry for the trip down the rabbit hole. But thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines