Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition widget with textbox/hyperlink below widget

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a composition widget as a menu system where the target area (or the entire widget area) is rather large and it covers a textbox below it (underneath the widget) that has a hyperlink. In other words, the comp widget is a dropdown menu and the textbox is like the standard webpage text that has hyperlinks in it.

So when I roll over the specific trigger, the composition target will cover the textbox (which is what I want). On rollout of the widget target area closes and the textbox with hyperlink is visible (which is what I want). However, because the composition widget (total area) is on top of the textbox, I am unable to click the hyperlink.

Is there a work around that enable me to click the hyperlink in the textbox once I rollout of the trigger/target and the target closes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Yes, to confirm we have fixed it in our internal tests and hopefully an update it will be rolled out early to overcome all these bugs.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey deanreardon,

As you said that the composition is covering hyperlink text because it was on the top most layer, right?

However, I just gave thought if you can just create a new layer and simply place the text box on top that should work.

Please share your site URL as well so we can study more deeply.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that I want the "target" portion of the composition widget to cover the link (I'm using the composition widget as a large dropdown menu) and the link I'm speaking of in in the actual page text. Putting the link on to of the composition target means that when the composition drops down with the menu items, you would see the link text on top of it. This is not what I want.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate your response.

As an example, you can use the Tabbed widget with two tabs where you can make the area under the two tabs of two different sizes where one covers a link underneath the tab widget and the other tab area is smaller and does not cover the link in a textbox below/underneath. When the smaller tab box is open you can click on the link in a textbox below the tabbed widget, but when the large tabbed box is opened it covers the text box with the link. The main issue with this is that the top tab region is right justified and can't be moved freely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed overview.

We are identifying this is a bug and will try to get it on the list of a hotfix for next update.

Please stay tuned for any further communication.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Would like to be known when a fix is out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to confirm we have fixed it in our internal tests and hopefully an update it will be rolled out early to overcome all these bugs.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update. Sounds like the team is working hard to fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug fix possibly rolled out early.....     any idea how soon?  ..ETA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there already clear when the update will be launched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, would be nice if this is fixed soon since my navigation cannot function proper now, which is pretty bad for my site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue; very frustrating as we cannot use our mobile navigation now. i hope this will be fixed ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three weeks we are having this major issue with the drop down menu... Any news from the staff? Can we hope to see it resolved any time soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those still having this issue: I have contacted another Muse staff member which came back to me with a solution.

Here what he advised me to try:

"[...]The team made the fixes available in the prerelease build https://www.adobeprerelease.com/  and it is my guess that the build is still available for you to check if your issue has been fixed in it. The latest official update is expected very soon [...]" ​

The prerelease for Muse​--> Adobe Prerelease

​

This prerelease fixes the bugs cited in this thread: https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/muse/discussio...​ (last one is the one!)

​

​It worked for me but be carefull with your files etc. since it is only a beta version of the next official update.

​

Hope it will help you guys!

​

​​Sincerely,

​

​Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines