• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure a slideshow

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently in the midst of Linkedin Learning "Muse Essential Training" tutorial. I'm in the section that covers Place and Configure a Slideshow. After the slideshow is configured to size the instructor drags an image from the adobe library onto the slideshow which then automatically replaces the hero image. When I do this action it does not replace the hero image. Only added to my art board. I can see how to add images manually from other locations from the widget fly out menu but I cannot figure out how to drag and drop from the library onto the slideshow replacing that hero image. Any thoughts?

Also, when I have an image in library is it possible to export the actual image to the desktop or other external location outside of muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017
  1. You can add images using  the "Place" command or Drag & Drop. You can’t replace images in this way, and you never could.
    If you want to add images without using the preference panel, place your cursor over the hero image, until a light blue outline is shown, then click!
  2. You can’t export single images from the library to your computer. Why should you do this? The images in your library are imported from your machine – that means, they are already there!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, replacing an image doesn´t work, as far as I experienced, you have to delete the "old" hero image and put in a new one.

Maybe it was another kind of slideshow?

To export an image, which I didn`t do so far, I imported it from my HD, so I didn`t have to do that – what about right click onto the element in your library and look what options it gives to you?

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You can add images using  the "Place" command or Drag & Drop. You can’t replace images in this way, and you never could.
    If you want to add images without using the preference panel, place your cursor over the hero image, until a light blue outline is shown, then click!
  2. You can’t export single images from the library to your computer. Why should you do this? The images in your library are imported from your machine – that means, they are already there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same exact thing. The instructor does do it so it is possible. The only thing (go ahead and roll your eyes:) I played around, probably longer than I should've, and was able to perform this with luck, but after a few weeks I tried again and forgot how. Now I'm right back where I started being unable to repeat the task:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sample images, which Muse provides "out of the box" are replaced when you add/drag other images onto the slide show – all of them by the way, no matter, if you add only one ore 100 images.

The images, which you place by yourself aren't replaced and never were replaced in the past, if you add add new images.

You can delete single images by deleting their thumbnails or by opening the "Layers" panel, selecting them and clicking onto the thrash icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I understand, but I think in the process of experimenting I've messed up my entire site which was almost done:( I now have a pink highlight or background behind all text on the site. I have no idea how I did that and no idea how to undo it. Pretty maddening, I guess I need to be more careful when experimenting. The craziest thing, it's on every page, while I was only experimenting with in one or two pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink highlight/background shows, that you used a system font instead of a web save font. In muse you see this in the downhand right corner of the textbox ( It´s a T with a "landscape icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this pink background was not behind the text before I started trying to drag and drop replace an image in a slideshow. The text was fine before across the whole site and that was with the same font. However, I do see when putting the cursor over the font box it says "missing web font". Is it a warning? When I preview the page in a browser the pink highlight is not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "missing webfont" could be for many reasons.Sometimes typekit or WebEdge Fonts get updated  (or outdated?).

Try to synchronize your font.

Which font is it?

Show us a screenshot of your font in design mode.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When all else fails....quit and restart your program and/or computer. Highlight is now gone! Thanks for your help! Sorry for wasting your time/brain power:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is specialized in "not waisting" any brain . It´s quite easy – you are not the only one who sometimes struggles with seeming easiest issues. Don`t care about our brains. Be sure, it`s our free will, really

I invite you to be a part of the forum and use it for learning purposes.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

send no more info

i am seek

Paul Forsel

-

I deleted your personal data here. Not the best idea to post a private email address in a public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines