• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect Adobe Muse application to existing BC site

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our developer has moved on to a different organization. The site is a business catalyst site and was created using Adobe Muse. I downloaded all files using FTP client. I thought I would see .muse files but there are none.

A few weeks ago I downloaded the Adobe Muse app and tried to connect to the site. The open button just points me to local files to choose. When I choose new site and enter FTP information to the existing site it started to upload files. I immediately cancelled the operation and tried going to the site and only a blank page was displayed. We were able to communicate with the previous developer and he got the site back online.

I need to be able to connect muse to this existing site so editing can be done. How is that done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

As an FYI, Muse and Business Catalyst are end of life.   You will need to transition to other hosting before the servers are taken offline. 

In the meantime, if you really want to keep using Muse,  I suggest you get the MU project files from your developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an FYI, Muse and Business Catalyst are end of life.   You will need to transition to other hosting before the servers are taken offline. 

In the meantime, if you really want to keep using Muse,  I suggest you get the MU project files from your developer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the old site will be saved as a .muse file... this is what you need

the only other option is to remake the site as a new one which will then have its own .muse file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines