• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

contact form and captcha

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently acquired a new customer who has a contact form with a captcha. It was exported from muse in html. I had the previous developer take off the captcha as it doesn't work with the contact form if hosted on a non-Adobe Business Catalyst server. I would like to add a captcha I'm just not sure if it's even possible. My client Doesn't want to rebuild right at the moment if he doesn't have to, but doesn't want to get a bunch of Spam waving a contact form without a captcha. Does anyone have any Ideas to help me save a little time on this? I understand the Html output is not meant to be manually edited, but I assume it's not impossible. Any Ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

I found the solution. I ended up getting the public and private keys put in ok and now everything is working. I was originally having issues adding a captcha to a muse built site without muse. But I got it working now. thanks anyway for your suggestions

The response saying it's not as easy as adding code, well it is as long as you have your keys. really good way to point out the obvious

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it you don't use Muse,  find a contact form  processing script that is compatible with your clien'ts hosting plan -- PHP Mailer is one example. 

GitHub - PHPMailer/PHPMailer: The classic email sending library for PHP

ReCaptcha ver 2 or 3 can be obtained directly from Google

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So It is using a PHP mail script, I was just getting errors saying i could not send email without non business catalyst hosting. I had the original developer take the captcha off for me. The contact form works now, but we cannot add a captcha. We have tried everything it seems but the captcha will not show up. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don‘t have the .muse file and you don‘t have Muse?

And: Adding a reCAPTCHA to a site isn’t simply adding some lines of code.

You have to register your site at Goole and you need a private and a public key to make reCAPTCHA work.

Look here (for Muse): https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/form-widgets.html#Generate_public_and_private_keys

Or here (general information): http://2bcoding.com/how-to-get-google-recaptcha-v2-api-keys/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a rule you match the form to the host server and then test your code works

Screenshot (2531).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. I ended up getting the public and private keys put in ok and now everything is working. I was originally having issues adding a captcha to a muse built site without muse. But I got it working now. thanks anyway for your suggestions

The response saying it's not as easy as adding code, well it is as long as you have your keys. really good way to point out the obvious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That‘s what I said in post 3!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the problem is, It is as easy as adding 2 lines of code. Having the correct public and private key I figured was a given

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines