• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

contact form does not send mail if more than one address is entered in the "Email to:" field.

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked the mail log file, and see that the email that was sent by the server had both addresses entered for the "To:" field (which was expected) and both addresses the "From:"  filed (which was not).  I'm not sure why Muse listed 2 email addresses for the From: field, and likewise am not sure if that actually makes sense or not.  In any event, it appears that a number of mail programs do not send mail which has multiple From: addresses.

Can the widget be set up to use more that one To: address, but only one From: address?  That would seem to be a logical thing to do, while having 2 From addresses is confusing, and in my case causing the mail to not be sent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point I am not sure if there is any problem in sending the emails.  I misread the log which actually says that Google (GMail) will not ACCEPT mail that has mpre than one address in the From: field.  Still, it would be better if I could separately control the inclusion (or not) of a second or third email address in the From: field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines