Highlighted

Contact Form - Error if Gmail address entered by customer

New Here ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

We have contact forms on many of our websites.  They work...unless the customer enters a gmail address in the Email field.  Then we get a "The Server Encountered an Error" message and the form fails to send.

Any idea why it would work, other than a Gmail address being entered?

Thanks!

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Contact Form - Error if Gmail address entered by customer

New Here ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

We have contact forms on many of our websites.  They work...unless the customer enters a gmail address in the Email field.  Then we get a "The Server Encountered an Error" message and the form fails to send.

Any idea why it would work, other than a Gmail address being entered?

Thanks!

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2017 0
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Quite strange, and looks like it is getting blocked by the server end.

You can verify this by publishing your site on Business Catalyst and retest.

If the emails are going through fine then you need to reach out your host and let them know about this.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping out in this thread, Ankush.  I appreciate that Adobe is watching and helping.

So here's the interesting thing - it isn't only Gmail.  It is Hotmail as well.  Maybe others?

I would assume that Muse is using a fairly standard php code underneath (I am not a coder - thus we use Muse).  What could possibly be occurring within Muse, to allow some email addresses to work and not others?

So yes, it does work correctly under Business Catalyst, but turning around and telling me "it must be our ISPs issue" isn't going to help.

What would cause some to work and not others - is it an authentication thing?  Can you suggest workarounds?  We're using a standard widget in Muse, and it does not work.  I cannot believe we are the only people who have this problem.

Marc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2017 0
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

It isn't the ISP actually but your hosting service provider.

And yes you guess is right it is the authentication thing which your host has to check on their end.

Looks like some proxies are getting blocked.

Please go through this doc - Troubleshooting Muse Form Widgets Used on Third-Party Servers and it will give you a fair idea on ragrding this issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I meant hosting provider, thank you for clarifying.

That link has been around for a while, and I've seen it - but it doesn't really say anything other than "use business catalyst".  With the large quantity of people who have had this problem, I have to believe that Adobe knows of a workaround - not just the same list propagated for years.

Can you provide an actual solution?  Because our host blames you and they won't do anything, and you blame the host - how about you get a working solution for people who use Muse and make some folks happy?

Marc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response from Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0