• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact form not working 100% in a pop up

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my website webbysmith.com.au I have a contact form on my contact page and the form works perfect.

On each of the service pages I have a contact form as a pop up and this is where I'm having issues with the form.  Please see example at webbysmith.com.au/websites.html when you click the get in touch button at the bottom. This is not set up for mobile.

If the form is not completed correctly instead of the error message appearing above the field it opens a new page an displays this error

{"MusePHPFormResponse": {"success": false, "error": {"fields": [{"field": "Email", "message": "Field \'Email\' is required."}, {"field": "custom_U6078", "message": "Field \'Message\' is required."}]}}}

If the form is completed correctly and it is supposed to redirect to another page this is the message that I get

{"FormResponse": {"success": true, "redirect": "thanks.html"}}

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

404 Web Not Found when attempting the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry here is the actual url https://webbysmith.com.au/website-design.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok this form is not working because you didn't include all the code

Screenshot (525).png

i.e, it should have error checking script to test what has been entered before allowing submit like the image below

Screenshot (523).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded all the code that I was given by muse.

The form works perfectly well on my contact page. It is just as soon as it is place in a pop up that the form does not function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neox99  wrote

404 Web Not Found when attempting the link you provided.

yes that is correct link... he says the form link from there is buggered but it just goes to his normal contact page now so I assume he changed the page or his host server just took time to update itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when the site is viewed from mobile does the get in touch button go to the contact page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did/does that Form originate? Is it just a modification of the Muse Form Widget or is it a custom one of some sort (like a plug-in)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Muse Form Widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional issue: After I completed your form I got this certification notice.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 9.14.08 PM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is obviously something to do with my SSL. Maybe when the form works this will not happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here

test

and click Submit without entering any data.

Then enter data and Submit.  Please use fake date.

Advise back what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is what I see when I fill out the form on my contact page

https://webbysmith.com.au/contact.html

the form goes red without content and then opens up thank you page when completed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The contact form on your Contact Page works as expected which indicates your host PHP is functioning correctly.

I suspect that one form code is corrupt.

Have you tried removing it and then adding it back from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have tried adding the form from scratch and the same issue

In the pop up it must create a layer so that the code can not talk properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try as I may I can't break my form code so it produces the error page yours is getting.

Sorry!

It still may be a hosting issue.

Give them a shout and ask them to make sure these files are being processed correctly

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.15.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Afterthought:

Did you make your site entirely using Muse from scratch or did you start with a Templet or a fill-in-the-blanks form from your ISP or your Hosting provider?

Have you tried placing the form in a static position on that page opposed to using the Fly-In?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines