• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact widget going to pdf file after hitting submit, how to make it larger?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start by giving a breakdown of what I've done so far. In muse I have a link that goes to a pop Up that has a basic contact form widget, after hitting the submit button I have it going to a pdf file. The problem is the pdf shows up in the pop Up window and I would like for it to either immediately download OR at least be bigger or in a bigger window. I already tried creating another page to navigate to after filling out the form to click on a link that pulls up the pdf but it all stays inside the pop Up window. I assume I have to do something with the html code but I'm not sure what. Here is the page I used to make the pop up for reference.

https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/7166988-creating-small-pop-up-windows-in-adobe-muse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Putting PDF inside a pop-up window is probably not such a good idea since most people will have to open the file in a local  Acrobat / PDF reader software.  The simplest route between 2 points is a straight line.  Keep things simple.  

To force a download, ZIP up the PDF file before you upload it to your server.

<a href="my_PDF.zip">Link to zipped PDF file</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting PDF inside a pop-up window is probably not such a good idea since most people will have to open the file in a local  Acrobat / PDF reader software.  The simplest route between 2 points is a straight line.  Keep things simple.  

To force a download, ZIP up the PDF file before you upload it to your server.

<a href="my_PDF.zip">Link to zipped PDF file</a>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not my idea, it's the company I work for otherwise I wouldn't do this, I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides zipping the file:

Could you give us a link to this site, to see, how this construction looks like?

Without any widget, the PDF displays in a standard (=big) browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't, I have to run it on the test site and make it work before I can put it online, is there a way I can send you a preview or screenshots somehow? the test site is on a local IP so I don't think that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

• Just put only this „construct“ (form, …) onto a newly created page, anonymise the content (placeholder text, placeholder pdf),
  • Upload this small .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service,
  • Post the download link here.

Then we will have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is what you intended for me to do but hopefully you can still figure it out using this, if not can you explain to me like I'm 5 years old what you want me to do? I'm a total novice. Sorry in advance.

https://denaliinc-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/nhenry_csiproducts_com/Documents/popuphelp.muse?c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and don’t want a Sharepoint account. So I can’t access your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well poo, that's all they will give me access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines