• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content not pushing Footer down (2018 update problem)

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I finally updated to 2018 version of Muse and immediately hit upon a problem.  My footer no longer is behaving as a footer and the content isn't pushing it down on the smaller breakpoints.

I have checked/done the following:

1. Made sure that all the items in the footer are on the Master Page and are checked as "Footer Item"
  2. I have made sure that all the footer items are below the "Bottom of Page" and "Footer" slider on the Left Side
  3. I have tried inserting a small blank borderless rectangle in the content on the master page, above the footer material and made this a footer item as well to see if this shoves the footer down. (Suggested by a quick google of the problem)

So the problem is visible at http://biltonvets.businesscatalyst.com  (Which has been uploaded with te 2018.0.0 release)

So the same version (which is currently live) is the latest 2017 version (without the problems) that can be found at http://www.biltonvets.co.uk

Both of these files have not been changed, but have been saved appropriately in their respective Muse Versions.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks for any help.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Apart from your footer, there´s no need for a breakpoint at 320, delete it and set the minimum width to 320.

Your composition is far out at 320 – another unnecessary item.

I deleted the 320 on master page and home page, I deleted the composition at 320: 

https://adobe.ly/2A8Cw6I

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 13.26.51.png

You have left one overlapping in the footer:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 13.55.10.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the issue.

Please share a .muse with us via CC or dropbox.

If you have any assets that could be deleted and make the file less heavy for us, we appreciate this.

Follow this: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fotoreoeder.

Thank you for your reply.  In the process of stripping out the assets for the .muse file, I appear to have found the problem which appears to be do the drop down menu widget.

Now I just need to try and find out why this is causing issues.... I may be back.....

Thank you for taking a look and helping.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

I have delved deeper into this.  I think the problem is coming from the composition widget that I have inserted at the top left corner of the master page.  This usually contains the Menu Hamburger for my drop down menu.  I have deleted the menu widget and just left the composition box in place.  When this box is deleted, the footer appears to be behave normally on the smaller breakpoints.  If this is in place, then the footer isn't pushed down by page content.

Here is a .muse file with just 3 pages which show the problem best I hope.

Dropbox - test - stripped assets.muse

Oddly I haven't changed anything with this between updated from 2017 to 2018 so I am wondering if this is a glitch??

Thank you again.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apart from your footer, there´s no need for a breakpoint at 320, delete it and set the minimum width to 320.

Your composition is far out at 320 – another unnecessary item.

I deleted the 320 on master page and home page, I deleted the composition at 320: 

https://adobe.ly/2A8Cw6I

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 13.26.51.png

You have left one overlapping in the footer:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 13.55.10.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines