• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert all text boxes into SVG's - good idea?

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am working on a webpage with a lot of text in framed text boxes. I have to work that way since I have to mimic the design of another page.

On smaller screens, the frames scale fine but the text itself does not change its size, resulting in weird looking text boxes with sometimes not more than three words in a line. Now my questions is whether it is a good idea to create those text boxes in Illustrator as vector graphics or not? I do not need to change the text, so being not able to edit it is not a disadvantage. I am asking, though, because it does not really feel right to me Might be that I am missing a more elegant solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

You might do this, if you don’t like how it is displayed as text.

If you don’t succeed by using breakpoints and resizing the text breakpoint-wise by using the appropriate toggle in the tools panel:

Text-formatting-breakpoints.jpg

Be aware, that you might loose some SEO benefits, if you use images instead of text. At least enter the „real“ text into the „Image Properties“ (right click onto the images).

Alternatively, you may use a widget like this one, which allows scaling text proportionally: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scaling-text

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might do this, if you don’t like how it is displayed as text.

If you don’t succeed by using breakpoints and resizing the text breakpoint-wise by using the appropriate toggle in the tools panel:

Text-formatting-breakpoints.jpg

Be aware, that you might loose some SEO benefits, if you use images instead of text. At least enter the „real“ text into the „Image Properties“ (right click onto the images).

Alternatively, you may use a widget like this one, which allows scaling text proportionally: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scaling-text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines