Highlighted

Copy paste responsive element

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm making a simple website, a section of it is made of a repetitive structure that varies in its content, to make the website responsive i built only one portion of the section and adjusted it for all the breakpoints, now that everything is done i'd like to copy-paste the section and vary its content however if i do so the content is added and the changes are made only on the breakpoint i'm working on, not all of them. Is there a way to paste and edit the content in one breakpoint and have all the others sync? Thanks.

Preran: I think, Iknow, what Thanzex is thinking of:

Yes, it is possible to copy and place element(s) together with their breakpoints, their breakpoint positions and object sizes

• by copying the element(s) and using menu „Edit/Paste in Place“. This works fine, if the target page has the same breakpoint set as the source page.
  • by using the library

If you have stored elements in a library, you can

1. drag the item name from the library back onto a page: In this case the original positions and sizes of the elements are respected, if the breakpoints of the target page are the same as the breakpoints of the source page.
  2. drag the „+“ icon to the right of the item name back onto a page: In this case the breakpoints of the source page are newly created on the target page and the elements will be placed at their original position and sizes in these breakpoints.

Have a look at this screencast, showing the second library variant:

What in not possible by design: Pasting the elements and move them simultaneously in all breakpoint at the same time. This isn’t allowed in a breakpoint system, as the object positions have to be strictly independent from breakpoint to breakpoint. In many cases, right clicking onto such elements and choosing the contextual menu command „Copy size and position to …“ will help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy paste responsive element

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm making a simple website, a section of it is made of a repetitive structure that varies in its content, to make the website responsive i built only one portion of the section and adjusted it for all the breakpoints, now that everything is done i'd like to copy-paste the section and vary its content however if i do so the content is added and the changes are made only on the breakpoint i'm working on, not all of them. Is there a way to paste and edit the content in one breakpoint and have all the others sync? Thanks.

Yes, it is possible to copy and place element(s) together with their breakpoints, their breakpoint positions and object sizes

• by copying the element(s) and using menu „Edit/Paste in Place“. This works fine, if the target page has the same breakpoint set as the source page.
  • by using the library

1. drag the item name from the library back onto a page: In this case the original positions and sizes of the elements are respected, if the breakpoints of the target page are the same as the breakpoints of the source page.
  2. drag the „+“ icon to the right of the item name back onto a page: In this case the breakpoints of the source page are newly created on the target page and the elements will be placed at their original position and sizes in these breakpoints.

What in not possible by design: Pasting the elements and move them simultaneously in all breakpoint at the same time. This isn’t allowed in a breakpoint system, as the object positions have to be strictly independent from breakpoint to breakpoint. In many cases, right clicking onto such elements and choosing the contextual menu command „Copy size and position to …“ will help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to figure from your post the nature of your problem. Can you please explain  your issue in simple terms stating what you are trying to do, how you are doing it, and the issue that you are running into?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• by using the library

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 1