Highlighted

Copy Saved FTP Details

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to start updating sites on a new PC.. is there a way to copy over previously stored FTP details from my old machine?

For security reasons the FTP credentials aren‘t stored within the .muse file. On a Mac, they are stored in your machine‘s „keychain“, but they aren‘t automatically allocated on the respective Muse document on a new machine. This would make your server space unsecured and vulnerable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy Saved FTP Details

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to start updating sites on a new PC.. is there a way to copy over previously stored FTP details from my old machine?

For security reasons the FTP credentials aren‘t stored within the .muse file. On a Mac, they are stored in your machine‘s „keychain“, but they aren‘t automatically allocated on the respective Muse document on a new machine. This would make your server space unsecured and vulnerable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get in the habit of writing down your log-in credentials, usernames, passwords & pin numbers in a card file like this one.   Strore  in a safe place.

https://www.ipragmatech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/rolodex.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 1