• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt Muse file... can anyone help me repair it? URGENT

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted a Muse file that was on a portable flash drive.  I ran some recovery software to restore the file, but when I try to open it in Muse I get the error message, "This file is not a supported format".   On a surface level, the file appears to be in-tact, it is the same size as it was before the accidental deletion, it is a .muse file, the name is the same, etc.  

Is there ANY way to repair/recover this file?  It would mean A LOT to me if that was the case as it would take at least 40 hours of work to rebuild it from scratch.  Any help with this would be MUCH appreciated and I am sure I could find a way to compensate for the work if need be.  I obviously can share the file in question via email, Dropbox or some other means.  

THANK YOU in advance, this is causing a great deal of stress for me professionally.  

Steve

sclark@nav-comm.com

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think, that it will be possible to restore a corrupt file. The only people, who have the skills to eventually(!) repair such a file, are the members of the former Muse team, but the team doesn't exist any more …

So, the only way out is to reactivate a backup file (, which you hopefully have).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you use an older version of muse and your file is done with a newer version. Of course it has nothing to do, if the file is corrupted like Guenter already mentioned.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines