• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash, boom, bang.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot re-size something as simple as a text box in a Slide Show widget without seeing ... Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 13.37.40.png

MacOS High Sierra with up-to-date Muse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bernard,

Apologize for your frustration.

This bug has been fixed in the pre-release build.

I suggest downloading our prerelease build http://adobe.ly/2cX7wIN and letting the team know of your observations in the prerelease forum.

If you have a backup copy of your files, you can continue using them by installing a previous version of Muse https://adobe.ly/2wMSxNv”.

Also as a workaround try changing the transition of the slideshow from horizontal to fade and see if that works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Ankush.

The prerelease version is of little use to me in this regard as this is commercial work that needs to be published pronto. While I haven't tried (busy chasing that deadline be re-building three complex slide shows from scratch – burning hours I cannot expect my client to pay for, and cannot see Adobe refunding me) taking the already worked-on file to an earlier version of Muse I am inclined to think that Muse files are not backward compatible (correct me if I am wrong ...).

Oh, and the slide show is already (and has been all along) set to Fade, so no luck there with a quick fix.

I've noticed a few other irregularities with the current build of Muse, but let's just hope you publish the fix soon. Very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you try to publish with the prerelease version? It is quite stable, installs alongside to public Muse, so it doesn’t interfere, and it you keep a backup of your file, you will lose nothing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, because I cannot use the output publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, believe me. Nobody will contradict in this special situation. Correct ankushr40215001​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue does appear to be resolved in the pre-release version.

I have already burned 6 unbillable hours rebuilding a slideshow for one site, and am not going to spend another Monday doing it for another site ... so since ankushr40215001​ has not indicated otherwise I will use the Beta version to publish an updated iteration of a site build today. If you consider this to be in gross violation of your NDA then in the future kindly inform users of everything that had been broken before offering an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that this thread missed from my sight.

Well, Gunter is right, no one will contradict, The NDA is about the upcoming new features.

However, we still don't recommend the Pre Release build to use for production, as the file created in this version can't be opened in the final shipped version.

You may upload your site now using the beta version, but avoid doing any major adits which would seem tedious to do again in the final version.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ Are Muse files backward compatible? I.e. can I open something I have worked on extensively in the current version in an older version of Muse (assuming no new widgets were added)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_bernard_  wrote

Are Muse files backward compatible?

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought not.

So if I understand this correctly then:

1. Adobe releases a new iteration that breaks an earlier build of a site
  2. No information on a fix is forthcoming
  3. And no apology for that matter

Each designer facing this problem is expected to either:

• Wait until a new version is released (with zero info about when)
  • Explain to a clients requiring urgent updates that they cannot have them
  • Rebuild sections of a site, without the luxury of being to bill for the work

How the is this meant to be worth paying for?

I've already spent the larger part of the day yesterday doing what i needed to do in the pre-release version now only to be told that I will not be able to open the file in the newer iteration of Muse (the versions that's supposed to fix what USED to work).

Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said exactly what I, and many others, are thinking. Thanks for wording it so well and keeping it professional.

The way in which Adobe has decided to handle this matter is infuriating as a customer. The complete lack of respect they have shown for their customers by not even offering any sort of timeline, expecting us to use half-assed work-arounds, and as you said, NEVER even apologizing is absolutely mind boggling (and extremely disappointing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Muse update is now live. Please install the latest update and let us know if you continue to face any issues with the latest update. Click my picture and use the Message button to send me a private message.

Apologize for the delay in my response. I am at the Adobe MAX conference, and I will be more regular with my replies from next week.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mjhart,

I see one more post from you here - Has there been an announcement about when the "final" update to Muse 2017

We don't deny the fact that indeed last update was filled of bugs.

However, we were on our head and toes to release the CC 2018 update which was rolled out on 18th Oct.

The current update is expect to fix all the bugs which were raised in the last release.

We appreciate if you can install the update and let us know if you still have any old or new issues.

Appreciate your patience and apologies for the frustration caused to you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read exactly! Of course you will be able to open your prerelease stored files with the next public version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However, we still don't recommend the Pre Release build to use for production, as the file created in this version can't be opened in the final shipped version."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, this statement is really not clear. I am sure, that it is meant the actual(!) shipped version (although the actual version even accepts prerelease saved files.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines