Highlighted

Crashing at same point of FTP upload EVERY TIME

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Muse is crashing at the exact same point during the FTP upload to my host. EVERY single time. My website and host are both up and running, so that's not the issue. This has happened before, but simply restarting Muse solved the problem. Now it is persisting even after rebooting my PC. I've tried uploading 'only modified files' and 'all files.' It ALWAYS crashes at 59% Finishing exporting HTML files.

This is starting to affect my business - so any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry no screenshot, as when Muse crashes at this point screenshots don't work.

Thanks

Sam

Thanks Ankush,

I temporarily solved the problem by deleting all my files server side before uploading the new ones. It works fine when I do this, it only hangs when it's trying to update / overwrite files. However as you can imagine this is only a temporary solution as it is quite time consuming to delete every file from my host every time I wish to make a minor update to the site.

I don't have any customised code on the site, or third party widgets; everything is standard stuff from within Muse....and my largest image file is around 2mb, but most are a lot smaller than that.

I will try to export my files as HTML as you suggest and see if I still get a crash.

Thanks for your help

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crashing at same point of FTP upload EVERY TIME

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Muse is crashing at the exact same point during the FTP upload to my host. EVERY single time. My website and host are both up and running, so that's not the issue. This has happened before, but simply restarting Muse solved the problem. Now it is persisting even after rebooting my PC. I've tried uploading 'only modified files' and 'all files.' It ALWAYS crashes at 59% Finishing exporting HTML files.

This is starting to affect my business - so any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry no screenshot, as when Muse crashes at this point screenshots don't work.

Thanks

Sam

Thanks Ankush,

I temporarily solved the problem by deleting all my files server side before uploading the new ones. It works fine when I do this, it only hangs when it's trying to update / overwrite files. However as you can imagine this is only a temporary solution as it is quite time consuming to delete every file from my host every time I wish to make a minor update to the site.

I don't have any customised code on the site, or third party widgets; everything is standard stuff from within Muse....and my largest image file is around 2mb, but most are a lot smaller than that.

I will try to export my files as HTML as you suggest and see if I still get a crash.

Thanks for your help

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2017 0
Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sam,

The file crashing at exact 59% or FTP export shows that there might be a particular object in your file maybe an oversized image or invalid code.

Can you please validate this by exporting the site on Business Catalyst or as HTML and see if it happens again?

If you still see the crash please send your muse file to me as explained here - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Please update us how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush,

Thanks for your help

Sam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 0