Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a paywall in a database driven site

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm creating a new site in muse that allows my customers to search a database for a specific item on one page and then shows the results on a seperate page.

I'm using Caspio to create the database, which allows me to create a seperate search and results page.

I'm now trying to add a payments page (ideally a PayPal system) between the search page and the results page in order to charge the end user before their results are displayed.

I have the PayPal system already, However, I want to click submit on the search page, be directed to the payments page and when payment is submitted the user is them directed to the results page.

My main issue is making sure that the redirect from the PayPal system shows only the results that were initially requested in the search page. Adding the PayPal system is breaking the link between the initial search and the results.

Is anyone aware how to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Not with Muse and pre-configured widgets. You'd have to dig deep into the public APIs of both services to generate proper code for mutual authentication and that being the case, you might just as well set up your own dynamic system. As it is, your users would be able to bypass the payment, anyway. Nothing is stopping them from just copying the URL or snatching your authentication key to create a valid temporary session.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not with Muse and pre-configured widgets. You'd have to dig deep into the public APIs of both services to generate proper code for mutual authentication and that being the case, you might just as well set up your own dynamic system. As it is, your users would be able to bypass the payment, anyway. Nothing is stopping them from just copying the URL or snatching your authentication key to create a valid temporary session.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines