• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating pop ups in muse getting error message "The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server."

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I'm following this tutorial to create a link to a small pop up in Muse.

https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/7166988-creating-small-pop-up-windows-in-adobe-muse

I am using the code exactly as it says except I am hyperlinking to a page on my website. When I export it to HTML I click the text and the pop up comes up but I am met with the error message "Not Found The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.". When I use a different website unrelated to my muse site like www.google.com or something like that it works just fine.

Does anyone know why it might be doing this and how to fix it? I've tried every variation of the link to the page on my site but I either get that the file is missing or the error text above.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

No need to learn code, or something like that. If you follow the small MuseThemes tutorial correctly, all is working fine without any issue. The only condition: The address of the page, you want to show up in the popup window, must exist.

I tested it, by using a  arbitrary *./index.php address.

Just download and look at this simple sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zi4xrgxj3dr3an/popup-sample.muse?dl=0

If this doesn’t work for you: Tell us the exact address of the page you want to link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload index.php to your server?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? I figure it had something to do with the index. I'm completely new to this program. It appears to be there, there is an "index" document in the css folder but I don't know if that is the same thing as what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ninjapants  wrote

I'm completely new to this program.

In case you haven't heard, Muse is end of life which means it's not being developed anymore.   Muse has no future beyond 2020.

there is an "index" document in the css folder but I don't know if that is the same thing as what you are talking about.

I urge you to learn to work with HTML and CSS files.  And possibly take a course or 2 in web development so you can understand exactly what you're doing.   See links below.

HTML5 Introduction

CSS Introduction

How do you upload your files to a web server? - Learn web development | MDN

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm aware, I'm working for a company that still uses it. I don't know why they hired me I don't have much web development experience but I have a little coding experience so wish me luck I guess. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to learn code, or something like that. If you follow the small MuseThemes tutorial correctly, all is working fine without any issue. The only condition: The address of the page, you want to show up in the popup window, must exist.

I tested it, by using a  arbitrary *./index.php address.

Just download and look at this simple sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zi4xrgxj3dr3an/popup-sample.muse?dl=0

If this doesn’t work for you: Tell us the exact address of the page you want to link and the exact code, which you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, basically I was testing the site on the system and it was looking for the page on the actual site as an external link. So I think if I go live with the site then the page should show up.

Thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines