• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross Browser Problem

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an odd Muse problem and I'm hoping one of you will know the solution. I have my widest breakpoint set to 1440px and the site is nicely expanding its borders in Chrome when I go above that. In Firefox and Edge, however, no matter how wide the browser goes, the edges are constrained at 1440. I've attached a screenshot of how it looks in the various browsers at 1920x1080. Anyone know how to fix it?

URL: https://cloudmakers.com

museproblem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

First of all, and not the solution, 320 should not be a breakpoint but the minimum width. There are no smaller devices than 320 px resolution. This is one point to make sites slower though, each breakpoint increases the file size.

But, this should not lead to "no load at all", though.

You used an anchor called "home" on all pages, delete it (or rename it).

Delete the breakpoint of 320 on all pages including master.

Nothing on your pages need to be pinned at any breakpoint in fixed width layout, incl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome and Safari works as expected, Firefox with the same issue than yours.

I cannot see Edge.

Would you mind to share a .muse? Reduced to one page with the corresponding master.

Save it into your Creative Cloud Files folder and by right click share a link with us.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-20 um 21.16.52.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to share the muse file.  Thanks for looking.  

https://adobe.ly/2ChRvfk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, and not the solution, 320 should not be a breakpoint but the minimum width. There are no smaller devices than 320 px resolution. This is one point to make sites slower though, each breakpoint increases the file size.

But, this should not lead to "no load at all", though.

You used an anchor called "home" on all pages, delete it (or rename it).

Delete the breakpoint of 320 on all pages including master.

Nothing on your pages need to be pinned at any breakpoint in fixed width layout, including master.

One text box was expanding a little on "home" – keep its boundaries inside the guides for the next smaller breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 22.57.07.png

When I do now preview that "home" in Safari and Firefox it works pretty fast and fullscreen as well.

Follow the steps, mabe this makes the site to appear as intended as there are less decisions to be made.

What is that embedded html in the top left corner for?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, thank you so much for your help.  I did all the things you said and the site is much better, but I still had the same problem.  However, your last little question tipped me off.  That little embedded HTML came from the theme I started with.  I took a look at it and it had a bunch of animations I dislike, anyway.  I deleted it and the site now works perfectly in all browsers!  I really appreciate your taking the time to look at my file and leading me to this solution.

Best,
Reg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines