• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curser hover question

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I have multiple buttons on my page which all trigger my arrow curser to turn into the finger curser when hovered over. I also have some areas on my site with clickable sound effects. The trouble is, although the sound effects work fine when clicked, I wish my arrow curser would change into the finger curser like it does with all of the other buttons on the site. Any idea how to get these clickable sound effect buttons to trigger the finger curser just like the rest of the buttons? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pavel+Homeriki  wrote

For clarity - there is no simpler method

challenge accepted ... select the div and add a hyperlink to

http://*

Screenshot (399).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance we could see the actual page/site?

URL??

Additionally:  https://musewidgets.com/products/mouse-cursor

That free widget allows you to use any 24 x 24 pixel .png file as a pointer.

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 11.02.31 PM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm still in the process of building the site, and it's not published yet, I'm not sure how I can share it with you. But yeah, I have a custom curser created already but is just doesn't swap to the finger when hovering over the clickable sound effects, it only swaps when hovering over the buttons that link to another page or are part of a slideshow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share a free test site, use Businesscatalyst via the „Publish“ button top right in Muse’s application window. These test sites won’t be crawled by Google. So only people, who have the URL will be able to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay heres the link:

Welcome to Plainview

Its the website for my webcomic Plainview which I am rebuilding with Muse so I don't have to rely on my coder anymore. Theres currently not alot on there yet since Im in the middle of the rebuilding phase.

Anyway, so any button that link to another page or another website or are part of a slideshow cause the curser to trigger the finger version. But there are many buttons on my site that play sound clips when you click them but don't link to any other page so the curser doesn't trigger the finger version. For example if you hover over the "home" button or the "episode archive" button they will cause the curser to go from the arrow to the finger. But if you hover over the "PA" button or hover over the little robot gif on the bottom left of the page (both of which play sounds when clicked) the curser will not trigger the finger version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anthonyl65104797  написал(а)

But there are many buttons on my site that play sound clips when you click them but don't link to any other page so the curser doesn't trigger the finger version

Create a graphic style for these objects (for example, myCursor) and add the following code to the Head in page or master-page properties:

<style>
.myCursor {

cursor: pointer;

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Pavel+Homeriki  wrote

challenge accepted ... select the div and add a hyperlink to

http://*

Screenshot (399).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you you fixed it all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whoops spoke too soon, it looks like adding that hyper link makes the page jump back to the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anthonyl65104797  wrote

whoops spoke too soon, it looks like adding that hyper link makes the page jump back to the top

no clicking the link will reset the page... try the style option instead mate

another trick is to add a anchor at about where the icon is and then hyperlink to that anchor... the page will still reset but to the point of the anchor (anchor = top left of browser so place it just off the left edge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UssnorwayI'm not sure what you mean by the style option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pavel HomerikiI was trying that method, it worked, but it over road my custom curser widget. So although it made the clickable sounds activate the finger curser upon hover, it was the normal browser finger and not my custom finger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying that method, it worked, but it over road my custom curser widget. So although it made the clickable sounds activate the finger curser upon hover, it was the normal browser finger and not my custom finger

Create a png image of your cursor size 32x32. Add the image of your cursor as a file to transfer. Use the following code (inside the <style> </ style> tag):

.myCursor {

cursor: url(assets/your_cursor_image_name.png), pointer;

}

1331b8ddec.png

d3f014ebd7.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Pavel Homeriki you save the day once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing I am noticing just now is that when you hover over the next button in the yellow speech bubble at the bottom of the page (which will trigger the next image in a slideshow), my custom retro curser is no longer visible and is replaced by the basic browser curser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines