• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom page URLs?

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I customize the names of the actual page URLs without changing the page names that appear in the menu?  For example, I would like the menu to display "Communities", but for SEO purposes, I would like the URL of the resulting page to include "MyDomain.com/homes-in-Mayberry".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

PapaMurph  wrote

How can I customize the names of the actual page URLs without changing the page names that appear in the menu?  For example, I would like the menu to display "Communities", but for SEO purposes, I would like the URL of the resulting page to include "MyDomain.com/homes-in-Mayberry".

you do this in Muse by right clicking the page and change the options

Screenshot (553).png

Screenshot (554).png

I agree that this has little use in SEO scores and may in fact get you marked down... also the home page MUST be called "index" and M

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rewriting URLs is a server-side thing. This has nothing at all to do with Muse. It's done using .htaccess files or configuring the web server's database directly. Also, contrary to what you seem to think, non-descript URLs that don't reflect the text and unnecessary forwarding are frowned upon by search engines, so there's definitely a negative SEO-impact, regardless.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answers.

Mylenium, I think you misunderstood what I was asking for.  Ussnorway's example is exactly what I need.  However, I am a bit nervous because you both agreed about the SEO.  My choice for the URL name will actually be more descriptive, and will directly reflect the text and content on the page...far more so than the single word title of the page I need on a menu. How could this possibly be bad for SEO?  Please explain as I don't want a negative side-effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PapaMurph  wrote

you do this in Muse by right clicking the page and change the options

Screenshot (553).png

Screenshot (554).png

I agree that this has little use in SEO scores and may in fact get you marked down... also the home page MUST be called "index" and Muse will not allow you to change that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines