• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaged Site File - Help!

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't worked on this Muse site in over a year, and when I went to make some changes, this warning popped up: "This Adobe Muse site file is damaged and cannot be opened". This is a major concern, obviously. I've read posts from others who've had this issue, and you've sometimes asked them to submit the file to your team. Is there any way someone can have a look to see if it can be repaired? I'm assuming this has something to do with one of the Muse updates since I last worked on the file.

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC_Climber  schrieb

I'm assuming this has something to do with one of the Muse updates since I last worked on the file.

I don’t think so. None of my (tons of) Muse files refused to open in the newest versions of Muse.

I’d rather assume, that the file is corrupted because of a storage problem (voltage fluctuation, power failure, hard disk failure or something like that)

But let us see, if someone of the former Muse team has a look at it. What do you think Preran​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter Heißenbüttel – any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how big is this .muse file, what version of Muse was it made with & where was it stored i.e, a Microsoft one drive?

if Muse says the file is damaged the team (who are all gone now) could still sometimes open it but you can download the site assets if you want to rebuild your design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it sounds like there's nobody around anymore to fix a broken file? It was stored on a local drive that has never had a problem, and the cloud backup is also not opening. Other sites are opening fine. I didn't realize there was nobody left at Adobe to help address Muse issues, so I'm likely wasting everyone's time. Looks like I'm finally going to have to learn Wordpress and rebuild something similar there. Thanks for the help everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also try pine grow (7 days free test version - no I am not a pinegrow employee ), it can grab/create the code from your existing website so afterwards you can edit your site in pinegrow (or any code editor, which you don`t like, I guess).

From a muse point of view, there´s quite a learning curve but for some edits it might be ok, this depends on the kind of edits you need to do, of course. Wordpress is something really different, from a musepointofview, though.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines